1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD Rem 1100 receiver, trigger, bolt SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by GrandpasArms, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

0   0   0

I once fancied myself as some kind of artistic guru and thought I could fashion a silk purse out of a sows ear. I decided to start with an older Remington 1100 receiver and BUILD myself a special gun. All went well until other things got in the way - and the unfinished receiver and parts got in the way of the other things. Regardless, I'm trying to convert this receiver, trigger, bolt, etc. into cash - for the express purpose of gathering pennies to buy a new trap gun.

Perhaps you're a better artistic gunsmith that I thought I could be.

This is a 1966 150th anniversary (1816 - 1966) model 1100 TRAP receiver. The serial number is 317372V. It's SILVER because I removed the bluing, first with naval jelly, then with fine sandpaper and steel wool. I liked the look, but was never able to get all of the old flaws out of the metal. I suspect I could try bluing it again, but that would mean more purchases and another mess.

I installed a Jack West stock set on it and it looked pretty cool. The receiver is in the white and protected with oil. I tried spraying on some epoxy from Brownell's but failed miserably. It chipped and pealed in a week. Maybe it was the product or maybe it was my technique. Whatever. I removed it with more sandpaper, steel wool and sweat.

I am including the trigger assembly, the bolt, bolt handle, the magazine tube cap, spring, etc. It works. I shot it with the Jack West Stock and a 30" ported barrel. The performed well. I didn't.

I don't know what the REAL price of this combination should be. I have to ship it to a FFL, though. I'm going to toss out a number that would help my new trap gun fund. How does $185.00 sound if I INCLUDE SHIPPING?

Let me know and we'll work a deal.

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Larry Frieders |
    http://about.me/larryfrieders
    Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |
    http://www.grandpasarms.com |
    340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

2. Dirtyharry357Mag

Dirtyharry357Mag Member

0   0   0

I'll take it you have PM

Thanks Harry

3. Dirtyharry357Mag

Dirtyharry357Mag Member

0   0   0

Send Pm I will send FFL info with money order..

Will make nice project gun for friends Son..

Thanks Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.