1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD PENDING--Rem 870TC NIB, 45yrs old.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

***************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE: GUN IS FOR SALE.

**SOLD PENDING** PRICE: $1000.00

**************************************************************************************************************

I just picked up this Rem 870 TC that was included in a grouping of guns I just bought. It is still NEW IN THE BOX. An email to/from Remington indicates it was manufactured in 1965.

CHECK THAT WOOD. Either they supplied nicer wood then or this may be a Remington "F" upgrade.

I have not yet decided what to do with it. Any serious offers? If so, please use email address above or PM only.

Thanks for looking, Marc

<a href="http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/mbunk/?action=view┬Ąt=870tc.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The TCs of the era had some very remarkable wood. At the same time the Perazzi single barrel looked like it was dressed with new, douglas fir fence posts. Anyway likely it's original......breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A friend had a TC with wood like that.

Just a good reminder of days gone by. Should be a good shooter, chokes were excellent.

HM

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Wow, what a beautiful find! I'll offer three times whatever GN7777777 says it's worth, LOL.

-Gary

5. wproct

wproct Member

Man, I would love to just see it. I know that if I had it in my hands it would be difficult to put it down. Those were the good old days!

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Marc:
    I was a 870 collector. Some of those 870 tc's came with beautiful wood. I have sold all my 870's except for three that I am going to give my grandsons. I have a 870 tc with beautiful wood that I have saved for one of my grandson's. The wood is highly figured with an orange tint. They use to call it orange crate wood. For my other grandson I have a rem 870 all american nib that I purchased from hall of famer Ruby Jenner years ago. She had won the gun. For my youngest grandson I have a rem D grade with fantastic wood, like new. I always wanted an F grade but could never afford one. Save that tc for someone who will truly appreciate it.
    Steve Balistreri

7. ABH

ABH Member

Marc,

You have a PM.

ART H.

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Looks like the twin to the one my brother left me...bought back in 72. My only problem with it is the "mod trap" barrel. Nice wood back then.

9. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I shot 870's for years. Stuck an Edwards recoil reducer in and off to work. Broke 4 or 5 -96's at the Grand handicaps. That was good for me. I had nice wood on TB's and TC's. Yours is the nicest I have ever seen on a 870. It should be worth the money to the right person. Thanks for showing us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.