1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD PENDING FUNDS--WINCHESTER MODEL 24 FOR SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by 1steve7301, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1steve7301

1steve7301 Member

0   0   0

I have a very nice Winchester Model 24 in 16 gauge for sale. This gun was made in 1952 or so. The finish remains in very good to excellent condition. It has 28” barrels marked Mod/Full. The wood and metal finishes are original. It has some minor handling marks in the stock and the bluing is worn in a couple of places on the metal, but all very minor. No rust or pitting of any sorts, and the barrels are bright and shiny. It has a professionally repaired chip in the toe which is very hard to see, and a mark on the right side of the stock by the receiver which may be someone’s initials, but again, you really have to look to see it. I have not shot the gun. This is a good honest Model 24 in the most desirable gage for these guns. Price is $675 plus $35 for shipping/insurance. If you are seriously interested I have many more pictures I can send upon request. I can be emailed at shodges@metrocast.net.Thanks.

*****I HAVE LOWERED THE PRICE TO $595.00 PLUS SHIPPING ONE TIME ON THIS GUN. IF IT DOES NOT SELL AT THIS PRICE I WILL KEEP IT, THANKS*****

Read more: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=243607#ixzz19nrTvyJc

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

0   0   0

Is the stock cast to favor a right or left-hand shooter ?

Or is the stock totally neutral ?

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

These are very sturdy guns...designed to compete in the Stevens 311 and 5100 category. They are very beefy with an excellent service record. The only complaint seems to be that the triggers are too straight for large fingers. They are true hammerless guns employng striker pins rather than hammers. These are not true collectables, they made over 110K of them ...all in the "field" grade. If I had the money, I'd buy it. They were made from the late 1930s to the mid 1950s.

R Talley

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The strikers on these guns are some kind of quick! I regret selling the 12 ga I once had!

Hap

5. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

0   0   0

I have a Winchester Model 12 30 inch barrell full choke with a simmons rib. Nice shotgun over all no rust and tight. If you are up for possible trade. Shoot me a e-mail. Thanks, Tim

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a 1903-A3 in very good condition that I'd be willing to trade. Are you open to a deal?

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is the 16ga receiver smaller than the 12ga receiver?

8. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Another trade idea....How about a Nazi marked CZ 32 auto, with original holster plus $$$
    R J Talley

9. jawinchester

jawinchester Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

As R Talley said, these were all field guns. I had a 12, 16, and 20 and there was no cast in any of them, all straight.

10. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Steve, am i even tempting you just a little bit with my trade plus $$ offers?

11. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Oh well, a guy's gotta try.

12. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

0   0   0

Email sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 24 16 gauge for sale