1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD PENDING FUNDS As New 1980 BT-99 34

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by luvtrapguns, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

SOLD PF

This gun is as close to being new as you will find. ALL ORIGINAL 1980 BT-99, 34" barrel, fixed IM choke, no porting, MC Stock. Gun is extremely tight with all rubbing surfaces as new. I shot one round of singles (25X25) plus one round of 27HC (23X25) with this gun. Breaks HC targets as hard as my Ljutic. Offering for sale because I am tempted to shoot it just when my Ljutic and I are starting to get along with each other. Price $1295 plus shipping. Questions or purchase please contact me by email or PM. Thanks, Marc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Does it lock up tight?

-Gary :)

3. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is this the same gun from your unhappy transaction?

4. luvtrapguns

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

GW22 is talking to me again. Wish his mouth was as tight as this gun.

reddbudd: No this is not the same gun. This one is all original and as mint as they come. Selling this and others that are just setting around. I get too tempted to shoot them all instead of concentrating on just one. That one is my Ljutic Pro 3 LTX.

I have no complaint with the other gun you refer to. It is more a matter of the seller not keeping his word. I sold that gun yesterday. I had that gun completely gone thru before selling it. Thanks, Marc

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

letters in serial # ? please

6. luvtrapguns

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Letters in Ser#:

"PM"

According to Browning it's a 1980 date of mfg.
    1976-1997 In 1975 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it follows to the present day.
    1. Production Sequence Number
    beginning with 01001
    at the start of each year.
    2. Date of Manufacture
    is a two digit code Z=1
    Y=2
    X=3
    W=4
    V=5
    T=6
    R=7
    P=8
    N=9
    M=0

The fit and finish on these older BT's is amazing. They certainly have a reputation for being reliable. In my opinion they are a really good looking gun. This one has the competition type forearm which corrects the "too light foreward" comment often heard with the wide, thin, beavertail model. When compared to other dedicated trap guns (price, performance, price, reliability, price, appearance, and especially price) they have to be one of the best buys ever offered. Mine is priced near the top of those available but I have not seen another that is in such a nice new condition. For the price of my Ljutic or a nice P or K gun several of the BT's could be bought. Not trying to start a war, whatever gun you prefer and shoot best is the gun you should have. Just trying to illustrate the value in the BT's. Thanks, Marc

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

0   0   0

Nice gun.

8. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

0   0   0

Marc,

I agree with you on the older "long tang" Bt's. The fit, finish, & reliability is far superior of the BT guns of today. IMO they are the best value for a dedicated trap gun out there.

If anyone is considering buying a new BT-99, take a serious look at this gun. You're talking same $$ for a Hell of a lot more gun.

This is a great gun. If I didn't already have 3 BT's ( 1969, 1970 & 1994) I would buy it myself.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

Email sent Where r u located I'm in Orlando?

10. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

0   0   0

I'm reading that the fit and finish of the older BT-99's is much better. And that if buying one buy an older one. But I'm thinking that the newer ones have the invector back bored barrels, and the interchangeable choke tubes. Wouldn't that make them a much better choice? I'm pretty new at this Trap game, so I need to know. I am seriously thinking of buying a BT-99.
    Thanks all,
    Dave

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Dave, you do not need choke tubes with this gun. I had one, and shot my best scores with it. Ak one ounce load would crush 27 yard targets.

I did not measure the choke, but the proof for me was in the pudding. We used to shoot Annies in the winter, and I could kill targets as they settled to the ice on the pond. (that was with a Fed paper and a C1 wad)

I surely hope the price on this gun does not get reduced, because I will have to spend the winter sleeping in the garage.

HM

12. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

luvtrapguns,you have a pm. Danny

13. luvtrapguns

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

GUN HAS BEEN SOLD. Thanks, Marc

Thread Status: