1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD: NIB fluted, rifled Remington 870 slug barrel

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a brand new-in-the-box Remington 870 Super Slug barrel. Like all Super Slug barrels, it is fully rifled, 25.5" long, matte black and fluted. Some photos of a Super Slug gun are below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This barrel will fit any 12-gauge 870, accepts 2-3/4" and 3" shells and has never been out of its box; in fact, the box hasn't even been opened. $135 plus $10 shipping to the "lower 48."

Ed

2. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just checked the prices for 870 slug barrels on GunBroker. By comparison, this is a steal!

Ed

3. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Isnt the Super Slug barrel pinned to the receiver? Would a gunsmith have to re-pin to another receiver?

Feel free to email
    emirosavich@core.org

If the barrel will easily remount to another receiver, I am interested.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ed--That is one bad a$$ looking slug gun. I didn't know they made fluted barrels like that for an 870. I don't know what they cost anywhere else but that sure seems like a good price for any 870 barrel.

5. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Eric and anyone else that might be interested, the barrels are pinned to the receiver via a screw through the left side of the receiver and into the barrel extension. But the barrel will fit any 870 - the "pin" does not have to be there. The threaded hole in the barrel extension simply goes unused. The photo below illustrates the "pin."

[​IMG]

If you want it, please let me know tonight as I will be placing them (I now actually have two of them!) on GunBroker soon.

Ed

6. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

One is sold.

Matt, there haven't been any extra Super Slug barrels for sale until just now. I bought that gun as a test mule for an article on slug hunting and ordered two extra barrels to see if rifled barrels, like smoothbore barrels, shoot to different points of impact or print different groups. But that was almost two years ago, before the gun was released to the public (which took place in early 2010), and the test is long since over. One barrel arrived yesterday and the other today - I had forgotten all about them!

As I said above, one is sold and one remains available.

Ed

7. nut

nut Member

0   0   0

pm sent if you have one left I will take it

8. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Both barrels are now sold.

Ed

9. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I have a SPS super slug and all I can say is it is very accurate. Easy 2" groups at 100 yards.

10. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

lol. Looks like Im too late! I should have sent a PM instead of asking the questions on the main forum.

Oh well. Darn good deals there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
barrels for a super slug
fluted 870 barrels forsale
forum remington 870 slug barrel
remington 870 slug barrel

remington 870 sps super slug

remington 870 super slug

remington slug guns

threaded hole in receiver of remington 870 sps