1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD: New Price, 687 trap combo

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by The Literalist, Jun 21, 2013.

1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK, I've had a few tire kickers on my gun and one "buyer" backed out. Will a price reduction help? I'll take $2975 shipped. It's a top single. I'm in central Missouri.

Original post below:

As I'm "retiring" from the traps, I'm selling my personal gun, 687 Silver Pigeon II combo 34/30. I figure I've fired about 3000 rounds through it. Oil finish, 2 factory pads, chokes: IC, M, IM, F. Nice, original case and accessories, cloth sleeves, etc. Adj. comb. Taken care of meticulously, cleaned after every shoot. I finally found a gun I could shoot...just in time to quit. :)

Guys who know me will attest it's a nice gun, well cared for. And despite my lack of ability, it's broken some good scores.

I'd like $3100 shipped to your FFL. Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks, Denny

[​IMG]

2. The Literalist

0   0   0

Another not-so-good shot:

[​IMG]

3. The Literalist

0   0   0

And another:

[​IMG]

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

0   0   0

Denny

Leaving trap???? Why????

Bob

ps Very nice looking gun....

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I dont know these guns but that price seems very reasonable for a combo gun in such nice shape. Sorry to see you leaving the hobby. Maybe you can stay with the hobby in another capacity rather than a shooter. Best of luck with your sale.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Those are VERY nice guns, especially for the money. I replaced a Krieghoff with one for our son in 2005 and liked it so much that I replaced my Krieghoff with one in 2008. Mechanically, the nicest thing about them is their low felt recoil; mine shoots softer than my Krieghoff with a Gracoil on the factory stock or with the custom-fitted wood I had made for it later on. Their cosmetic appeal is obvious.

My sole dislike is the muddy oil wood finish Beretta uses these days but after a $150 refinish with nicer glossy oil, more figure and color come out and they look fantastic. The stockmaker who did mine claims the wood is 300 year-old Turkish walnut, so Beretta doesn't skimp on lumber.

By the way, the factory I/M Optima choke, with all of .025" of constriction, positively turns 16-yard targets inside out!

Ed

7. The Literalist

0   0   0

Up for someone who'd enjoy my gun :)

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Gorgeous shotgun, and an extremely square deal for a combo in such great shape.

-Gary

9. The Literalist

0   0   0

Sold, and down the road. Thanks to ZZoom. (he even said I could shoot it sometime.) :)

10. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Someone got a real nice gun at a good price. They don't make it in a top combo anymore. Dale