1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Sold*****K-80 stock & for-end with G-Squared

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by just_bob, Sep 3, 2013.

1. just_bob

just_bob Member

0   0   0

K-80 stock & for-end with G-Squared recoil system

Includes adjustable butt plate, stock bolt, & rosettes, LOP 14.5"

Hardwood comb is covered in textured rubber spray-on. Dual palm swells

Stock has it's share of tiny dings, but nothing serious.

Over $1300.00 value if you supplied the wood.

$650.00 to your door. See @ Maywood S.C. Elmhurst IL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. just_bob

just_bob Member

0   0   0

3. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    APRICE: Let me try to answer this... First of all, I cannot tell from the picture whether or not this is indeed a "testured rubber spray-on" as Just_bob said, or if it is a black vinyl cover. If it is a spray on coating, it is something that was not done here (at G-Squared), and I really cannot comment on it's removabiliy. I will say this though: if that was a "covered" comb when it left here, and I assume that it was, it is not the original piece of walnut underneath the black, and would not match. The combs that we use for our "standard covered hard combs", which come on the Shockmaster system at the base price (no upgrades), start out as rectangular walnut blanks with all of the inletting and insert work already in them. They are then shaped and profiled like the original comb and covered with a simulated leather or vinyl material. These combs, with the cover removed will have non-matching grain and are shaped slightly narower than the stock itself in order to allow for the thickness of the vinyl cover. Because of this, and despite the fact that they are good quality solid walnut, they don't make really good candidtates for stripping and "finishing to match".

Options: I do have a vinyl material that I like better for K Guns, if it's the black you don't care for. To re-cover this is pretty cheap! Also... I could look through my walnut and try to find a piece of wood with similar grain, then finish it to match. This would run $265 total, not including shipping. I actually do this a lot with great results. Let me know if I can help.

Mike

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

If I were going to buy it, I would toss the sprayed on comb in the trash, and have a brand new soft comb made (well, I'd make my own, but most people wouldn't have that option). It would look perfect, and would make everything good as new.

5. just_bob

just_bob Member

0   0   0

As Michael correctly stated the comb is hard wood.

I bought this used and it had a vinyl or leather cover over the comb.

The workmanship was of course excellent by G-Squared.

I just wanted a different cover. Spray on was easier for me.

I took the cover off and put the spray-on black rubber on.

It wasn't a comment on the quality of Michaels work which is always excellent.

Bob

6. just_bob

just_bob Member

0   0   0

I should add that the comb wood is quality but didn't match the stock.

That rubber could only be sanded off in my experience.

It is the best recoil system I ever had and have 2 others on other guns.

I just no longer have the gun I had it on.

Air pump is included.

Bob

7. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

And for the record Bob, I, for one, did not take it as a negative comment on our work at all... and by the way, I think it was an interesting and very creative solution... it looks good. Also... PM sent to you Bob.

8. Rays

Rays TS Member

0   0   0

I tried to send you a pm but is blocked.Call me at 320-224-6569.Thanks, Ray S

9. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

Even I can't believe this one... I HAVE THE ORIGINAL COMB FROM THIS STOCK... FINISHED AND READY TO SHIP! Call or e-mail for more information before purchasing the stock based on the availability of this comb. I do not save combs normally, and this has never happened before... but this one I have. $250.00 Call me or e-mail me at michael@shockmaster.com, (760)788-8888.

Also... other information: This stock was completed by us on 8/10/06 and does not have the adjustable offset option, but it could easily be added for $255 plus shipping. It DOES have the adjustable recoil pad option.

MIKE

10. Ernroe

Ernroe Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

G Squared systems are the best and Michael does great work. I know I am preaching to the Choir but just thought I would add 1 cent of of of my 2 cents worth. The other 1 cent is, this is a hell of a deal. Even if you throw the existing comb away and buy the one from Michael it would be cheaper that converting a stock. And, does not include the Air Pump ($100) the last one I bought.

Just my opinion based on owning a couple of G Sqd stocks and dealing with both Michael and his Dad the late Glenn Gregory.

Ernie Ashby

11. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

Thanks Ernie! I really appreciate the kind words. The pumps, by the way, are only $49.00... and never were more. LOL, not sure how we managed to crank it up to $100.00 for you, but if you're curious call me and I'll check my records :). Have a good weekend. MIke

12. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've got a G-2 on my TMX, bought used, it had a left handed comb. Mike made me a new RH comb, and was very helpful and gracious, even 'tho I wasn't the original buyer. The LH comb is available if you need it to make Bob's stock for you. I know Bob, and he keeps his stuff very nice. nice guy too.

13. just_bob

just_bob Member

0   0   0

Thanks EuroJoe

appreciate the good words

14. Ernroe

Ernroe Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

My mistake on the price of the pump. The reason I thought that was several years ago I bought a Hydracoil Stock. During the dickering back and forth on the price the guy mentioned it included a $100 Air Pump and that stuck in my mind.

Ernie

15. just_bob

just_bob Member

0   0   0

Sold to Rays

Thanks to all for helping.

Bob