1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD...F/S...SIG. P226 .40 CAL...SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bgf, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

&currentThis is a used [ 98%+ ] Sig Factory Model 226-40 cal. The SIG SAUER® P226® is the pistol that set the standard by which all other combat handguns are measured. Designed as SIG’s entrant in the military trials to replace the 1911, today the P226 is in use by the U.S. Navy SEALs, Federal agents, and numerous law enforcement agencies including the Texas Rangers, Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Michigan State Police to name a few. The exceptional ergonomics and balance make this full-size pistol easy to handle. Its longer barrel yields better ballistic performance and accuracy. SPECIFICATIONS: Action Type DA/SA, Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs, Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs, Overall Length 7.70 in, Overall Height 5.5 in, Overall Width 1.5 in, Barrel Length 4.4 in, Sight Radius 6.3 in, Weight with Mag 34.0 oz, Mag Capacity 12 Rounds, Contrast sights, Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips plus Hogue custom grips as shown[$80]…. Frame Finish Black Hard Anodized, Slide Finish Nitron®. MSRP $1,050, CA Compliant Yes, MA Compliant Yes. Make sure your FFL will receive from a private party. Includes box and papers. SELL FOR $789 plus $10 SHIP/INSURED…Two mags total.....SOLD...

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view&current=P1000612.jpg" target="_blank"> P1000612.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view&current=P1000613.jpg" target="_blank"> P1000613.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view&current=P1000609.jpg" target="_blank"> P1000609.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view&current=P1000606.jpg" target="_blank"> P1000606.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view&current=P1000619.jpg" target="_blank"> P1000619.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view=P1000622.jpg" target="_blank"> P1000622.jpg </a>

2. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

0   0   0

looks like it's been refinished, thats not the factory Black Nitron finish. that said i think your misrepresenting this gun at 98%. also any self respecting SIG owner knows that you dont run these guns dry. there's not a drop of grease on the slide of this gun.

3. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Mike...

The gun was represented to me as I stated when I bought it from a dealer. I would like you to show me a difference. I have not shot it since my last outing and was cleaned for these pics. Show me you claims and I will adjust my ad as appropriate. I have NEVER sold anything on here intentionally in a wrong light.

Bernie

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Like to know what you saw in the pics to conclude the gun is not 98%. I think you are FOS.

5. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

MikeInNPR...

I did a search of your name and it shows recent posts since 8/08/11. Welcome aboard.

That said you drag down the Kel Tec line and then it seems that you sold it to a long time poster...rooferbob.

And, it seems you bought a Sig. just recently. Unless you have a slew of them not a "self respecting SIG owner" history.

Get back to me on you self proclaimed knowledge...I have been selling guns for 45 years. I pride myself on my integrity.

Off my soap box...
    Bernie

6. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks Clay...

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Bernies gun has the factory finish on it, the flash made it look gray. This is my 226 which is a 22lr., 357 Sig, and 40 S&W.
    toolmaker251_2008_030342.jpg

8. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks Tool...I knew as much. A newbie with a big ego I guess.

Bernie

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Bernie ckeck your PM.

Wayne

10. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks Wayne...Oops. Corrected my op and took out access. rail note. I mixed guns and descriptions.

Oh well, all is good,

Bernie

11. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

0   0   0

That gun has been refinshed with something. Dont know what to tell you bro. The proof is in your own pictures. Nitron is a deep black as mine and the previous pictures show you. The barrel and magazine are color correct and both visible and not affected by this flash theory. The close up of the slide shows that the finish is not black.

Not sure what you looking for but I've been a member here for muc much longer than your clever detective eye has assumed. And btw Kel Tec is junk and No I did not sell one I use to own to anyone on this forum. And whileee your researching my past I've owned several Sigs oh and BTW I also live in a dbl wide trailer, drink beer, chase woman, been to 3 worlds fairs, seen 2 goats **** and after all that it still doesn't change the fact that your gun is not as represented.

Now the post I originally made was in spirit with what we all do here on TS.COm and that is to try and minimize misrepresented items when we see them.

If you want to continue with personal attacks on me, I'll be happy to stay here all night kickin your ass with this keyboard.

mikeinnpr_2009_0605.jpg

12. Bueno

Bueno Member

0   0   0

This is my Sig Sauer 226 Equinox, .40 caliber with some gold plated parts. The other side is even prettier as the barrel has the high gloss chrome.
    Trigger has been tuned and honed. Magazine bottom is also 24K gold plated.
    Had it done after I saw the movie "Face Off" with John Travolta, and thought the guns in the movie where totally gold plated, it was pretty cool, although to do the whole gun, would have been too much "bling"for me. At the time gold was not that expensive as it is today.
    Gun is not for sale so don't even try.LOL.
    bueno_2011_050444.jpg

13. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

MIKE...

I am not going to waste my time,,,,,,

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Looks like the same finish as the example on Sig Sauer's website. I would imagine all the guns on Sig's site are wrong too though.
    grntitan_2009_2503147.jpg

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

All the pistols displayed show a dark gray including the person who disputes the finish. If you visually look at one you will see that it is in fact a flat black. The magazine is much darker because it is a high gloss black compared to the flat black anodized frame and Nitron finish slide. Bernie's gun is the real deal as described.

16. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Here is a dumb question....the left side of the slide in the OP's pictures says "STAINLESS" on it. Why?

17. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

vpr80

I believe Sig slide is SS but Sig puts that crappy coating on everything. I can understand looking at the photos and thinking gun has been recoated. To me Sigs look to have been painted with a spray but there should be no doubt about them being a good gun.

18. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Eye of the beholder luv...eye of the beholder.

All is good,

Bernie

19. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

The finish does seem to be just like my other Sigs, but that "STAINLESS" word on the slide has me confused. Does anyone else have Sigs with that on the slide, but with the dark SIG finish?

20. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Sig slides are stainless with a Nitron finish.

That's a nice looking non-railed gun, should have no MIM parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sig p226 40 cal

sig p226 40 s&w
sig p226 ca compliant sale forum
sig p226 cal 40
sig p226 ma compliant 40 cal