1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD english/black walnut graft SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by black_wal_nut, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

letting the wood speak for itself.

[​IMG]

beautiful crotch dry, note the strip of black walnut through the english.

[​IMG]

same side, only wetted with ordinary water.

[​IMG]

other side, dry.

[​IMG]

other side, wetted, sorry for the blur, i think the curl is throwing off my focus.
    dimensions are 2 1/2 inches thick, and 4 1/4 inches wide at the skinny end, 9 1/4 inches wide at the butt, and 21 1/2 inches long. i'll be asking $600 dollars and is SOLD . Atleast 2 years required until ready. i'll be picking up shipping to the lower 48 as usual. and first pm or email has priority.

Steven Meads

2. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Have several of this exact type blank--grafted english-- fully dry and ready to work. It is striking how nice these pcs are and how rare--usually there are bark pockets in this quality blanks. Oh and mine are for sale as well if anyone wants one now and doesn't want to wait two years or more! Don't mean to hijack your thread but this is only the second time I've seen grafts this nice--the first ones are mine! Good luck! Phil Simms

3. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

i think i remember your name, from a long time ago. i believe i sold some wood to you when we were big on Ebay. maybe even some graft line pieces.
    steven meads

4. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Amazing TTT

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

before this gun got to me, I thought I had a "graft line". Did not turn out to be a graft line, but I still like the line that resembles a graft line. I need to be at a computer that has the image. Be back shortly.

6. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

luckily, i m the person that dug this tree out of the ground. so i know for a fact it is a graft line, although, this tree is the strangest graft ive ever seen. if anyone wants to know what they look like finished, a guitar maker that bought some just put out a finished guitar. here is the link

http://oregonwildwood.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=oww&Category_Code=PGElectricGuitars

its about halfway down the page. and if anyone needs guitar wood, let this guy know, he is just an amazing person to do business with. credit to andy mayer (guitar maker, redding california) and dana osman (president of oregonwildwood.com.

7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

And if your Lucky..It Should Look Like This when Finished. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart...
    Hand Selected by Fred and Elbert at Last Grand in Ohio...Wenig's Best
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

bart, words escape me for how beautiful that gun is. gives me hope that these stocks might be finished someday after all. steven meads

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

You can consider that sold as soon as I see a picture of the forearm blank

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

this blank is now sld, pending funds. thanks to everyone who looked. steven meads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
english walnut grafts for sale

walnut grafted wood for sale