1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sold- Complete Sig 1911 upper F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by zzt, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sold pending inspection and funds. Thanks for all the inquiries.

I am offering for sale a complete custom Sig 1911 upper. While the custom shop was completing my Tacops 1911 I had another complete upper made for Bullseye shooting. It is based on their traditional series. See URL above for details. Everything was fit in the custom shop.

The Clark Picatinny rail was installed by George Scavello in an ingenious manner. He custom milled the slot in the front of the rail to index on the rear of the front sight. This and the precision hole placement allows the rail to be installed without using Locktite. It does not come loose. I can be removed at will if you decide to use the iron sights. The rear, adjustable night sight (included) is a finger push fit. George installed a faint withness mark to align the sight. However, the dimple in the slide that accepts the sight set screw is 100% repeatable, so the sight always goes back on in the same location.

The rail also goes back on in the same location, and rezeroing is not required (at least not with the Weaver tactical mounts I use). Just remember to put the screws back in the original locations.

I used this upper for Bullseye. With my better loads this setup will hold the 10 ring of a slow fire pistol target at 25 yards, from a sandbag rest.

The standard feed ramp is polished and feeds everything flawlessly as long as there are no wax or lead blobs around the crimp area. It is a match chamber. 200 gr LSWC seated to a OAL of 1.250" feed fine. Dropping to 1.240" feeds even better. 200 gr truncated cone bullets and Nosler 185JHP feed perfectly when seated to 1.200"

I'd like to get $400 for this upper. Feel free to email or PM with questions or reasonable offers. I have a custom 1911 on the way and no longer need the dual upper setup. I'd like to sell this quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is this for a Series 80 frame only? The picture of the underside of the slide shows what looks like a Series 80 style firing pin lock.

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You can use an 80 series slide with a 70 series frame. You can remove the firing pin block mechanism and replace it with an inexpensive plate available at Brownells.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bob, it is an 80 series slide. However, as Jerry944t says, it can be used with a 70 series frame. I took all the 80 series stuff out of my Gold Cup National Match and did not use a replacement plate. It worked just fine and I ended up with a trigger with no takeup.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1911 upper kit