1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD---- Browning Buck Mark Varmint ---------SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeeljc, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

This is a like new Browning Buck Mark Varmint pistol. It has a 9-7/8" x .900 target barrel. It has the optional silhouette detachable forearm. It comes with the original box and one spare magazine.

The scope is a Burris Long Eye Relief (LER) 2-1/2 to 7 LER Plex P. A. It has an adjustable objective for paralax compensation.

This pistol is 100%. I purchased this new in 1988. I have not shot it in the last 15 years.

Gun is SOLD

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

skeeljc_2008_030342.jpg

skeeljc_2008_030344.jpg

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That is a smokin' deal on that package.

Buckmark Varmints, with 10-7/8" barrel, have been discontinued. Used ones have been running in the $400 to $500 range. Browning does not currently make a gun similar to this. The closest is the Buckmark 7.25" Contour.

That scope is discontinued. Burris does make a modern version of it, which is shorter with a matte finish, but more importantly the new version does not have an adjustable objective. Current price is $349 retail.

Very few Buckmark Varmints came with a wood forend. Generally the wood forend was installed on Buckmark Silhouette models (these have iron sights, which the Buckmark Varmints lack, because it is assumed optics will be used.) A new forend is $42 and the screw is $6.50, plus the barrel may or may not need to be drilled and tapped for it. While this forend does not appear to have a swivel installed, the forend does make it possible to do so, so a bipod could be attached.

The extra magazine is $26.

Add all that up and you have $823.50 to $923.50 to replicate it.

(And I didn't even include the rings. Have to add those in too.)

That's why this is a smokin' deal. I just just tried to convince the wife to let me abscond with some of our emergency money to buy it, but she said no, not at this time. Dang.

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Jim,

I think you are making alot of people drool.

Excellent feedback, Brian. I agree.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Gun is sold. Thanks to RimfireCentral!

I did know these are discontinued. I am happy with a quick sale!

Jim Skeel

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My wife is breathing a sigh of relief.

Someone got a smokin' deal on that. Dang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1998 browning buckmark for sale

browning buckmark varmint for sale

browning buckmark varmint pistol

browning buckmark varmint pistol for sale

browning buckmark varmint review
browning silhouette buckmark forearm
browning silhouette forearm
buckmark silhouette for sale