1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD--> Beretta X-Wood NIB <---Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Smok'n Joe, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Beretta X-Wood Stock & Forearm for 686 Models

[​IMG]

This set is ANIB Great for Field or Sporting Clays

WAS ----------------------------------> $395 shipped to your door

NOW ------------------------------------> $350 shipped to your door

2. robervl

robervl TS Member

0   0   0

Would this work on a 680?

3. robervl

robervl TS Member

0   0   0

Will these work on a 680?

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Rob,

I'm not sure about the fit on a 680. I'm posting this for a fellow shooter at our club. It was made for a 686...if a 686 stock set will fit on your 680 then this will fit.

5. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Joe
    I will take the wood set.I think I bought a book from you earlier.
    Monty

6. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

my work PHone ####*662 334 4387.
    Monty

7. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Sorry
    I guess I am dumb I thought that was a solid wood stock I did not realise it was the plastic enhanced . Sure fooled me.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Monty,

You're certainly not dumb...this stock set is not plastic, but it is an enhanced wood product. It is very attractive and will wear as well or better
    than a Presentation Grade English Walnut set that would cost $3,000 to $5,000.
    The finish is warranteed by Beretta and can be repaired/replaced at a nominal fee. This is a field stock set that is as durable and functional as anything available at a fraction of the cost.

9. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So, I'm confused, Joe - it either is "enhanced" (or coated or wrapped) with some sort of fake patterned/plastic/polymer film - or it's "solid wood" and the pattern in the photos is actually in that solid wood. Which is it?

I'm pretty certain it's plastic film. I'm pretty certain that you're just as certain as I am. It's kind of like the difference between a D flawless diamond and a zircon. Or a Hong Kong gold "Rolex" and a real Rolex. It's fake - like counterfeit money, paintings, jewels, or anything else of value that can be "simulated".

Some people like that kind of stuff. Some people buy that kind of stuff without ever being told straight-out what they're really buying.

There's a reason it's $300 instead of $3,000.

10. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

SingleShot,

The pictured Beretta X-Wood stock set is a Factory OEM solid wood product that includes an attractive veneer application that is Factory OEM Warranteed. It is replaceable/repairable by Beretta and wears as well or better than factory finished walnut.

You are correct...I am 100% percent certain of what I presented for sale at a good and fair price. Quite frankly, however, I don't quite understand what you are implying.

"Simulated, fake, counterfeit and misrepresent" are harsh and derogatory insinuations.

I would much prefer an analogy to SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS...

Looks GREAT from a distance, but if you have a chance to get up close and personal...you might prefer the real thing.

$350.00 shipped to your door.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Interesting analogy, Joe!

12. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well, heck, Joe, I'm not "implying" anything. I just think that it would have been nice if you included your last and very good explanation of exactly what Beretta X-Tra wood is, in your original post. Just in case someone - like a prospective buyer - might not be familiar with what you meant to convey with your "X-wood" description in that original posting.

I know, I know - caveat emptor, and all that, but still, in a nice friendly place like this, isn't it better to be as accurate as possible in our descriptions of whatever we're trying to sell to each other?

I think your implant analogy is good, but we need to remember that with fake boobs the outside is real and the enhancement is buried inside, while with X-Tra wood, the inside is probably real but the enhancement is on the outside.

Personally, I don't care if Beretta can figure out a way to mold and pressurize walnut sawdust into the shape of a stock, cover it with some sort of veneer or wrapping that looks like the highest grade Turkish walnut on Earth, and sell it for $30, $300, or $3000. Whatever they can get for it is fine with me, as long as they, their dealers, and their agents remember to mention that it's not actually a stock cut from a ancient walnut tree.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

checkering tells the story.

14. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Right On, SingleShot...I think I understand what may have confused you.

This stock set is NOT an EXTRA SET OF WOOD...the grip cap is stamped
    Wood Xtra, as in a BRAND name for a product. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've had three PM offers already this morning and with 20" of fresh snow and more coming I'm glad I've got something to do besides shoveling!

15. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Joe, one of us is STILL confused, but I don't think I'm the one.

Beretta's "brand" name for the film-covered/enhanced wood is X-Tra wood. Go to their web site.

I think they should license the technology to the Louisville Slugger people. I'll bet there's a really huge market for baseball bats that look they were lathe-turned from a solid piece of rare Turkish walnut. Kind of like there is for all those vinyl shoes, belts, purses, watchbands, etc. with the classy "alligator" patterns.

I'm just kidding with you a little here, Joe - good luck with your sale.

But I do think that Beretta knows that a whole bunch of customers are walking around in a somewhat "confused" state, showing off their new or used shotguns with the gorgeous "high-grade" stocks that aren't nearly as high-grade as they think. Somewhere along the line, that's likely to bite Beretta in the butt.

16. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If that was solid wood with that figure, the blank would have cost many times what it is selling for. Use your head!

17. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

I agree with single shot.I would disclose that it is synthetic to avoid the waste of time or to look deceiving which I am sure you were not trying to do.I at furst glance thought it was the plastic but I saw it said X-tra wood. I assumed it was wood

18. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Monty...how about this one??? You be the judge...

[​IMG]

Only your stock maker knows for sure...

19. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Looks like wood to me.But I am looking at a photograph an trusting the person selling it to tell me what it is.
    It can look like anything in a photograph.I have a friend that has an 870 Remmington older gun that Remmington has laid some sort of decal over the wood to make it look like some killer walnut.He discovered it when he sanded it.
    pretty wood
    Monty

20. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Right On Monty,

Pictured is a gorgeous custom Umberger English walnut set. NEW...It would cost almost as much as the used Ljutic it was fitted to. Some of this wood is harvested from trees that are over 120 years old and it's getting very hard to find.

Remington isn't the only one looking for ways to cut cost...there was a thread on TS.com not so long ago about a members displeasure with his "fake" K-80
    stock set! As supplies of choice wood dwindles, manufactures will coninue to introduce Enhanced wood products to satisfy demand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta fake wood