1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD _ F/S PERAZZI MX-2-L EXTRA NICE GUN!!***

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bob Schultz, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just received this great looking Perazzi MX-2L in on consignment. (Need to cash out on this one.) It was completely rebuilt and refinished by Giacomo last year. It has Briley choke tubes (6) and an adjustable comb with 2 soft tops fitted to it. One of the soft tops is new and unused. Barrels are regulated to the same POI. and the gun shoots 60/40 with the beads in a figure 8. The adjustable butt pad is a one-screw adjustment type. Really nice gun for the money. $4450.00 shipped to your dealer.

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

bobschultz_2008_0303.jpg

bobschultz_2008_03031.jpg

bobschultz_2008_03032.jpg

bobschultz_2008_03033.jpg

bobschultz_2008_03034.jpg

bobschultz_2008_03035.jpg

bobschultz_2008_03036.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030317.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030319.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030320.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030321.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030322.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030323.jpg

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Still shoot top first??

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

With the Briley's you could set it up either way.. Honestly.. I've owned 5 of them.. and each and everyone shot beautifully.. I never saw any real difference between top/bottom first.. The rib is 2mm higher than a MX3 Special.. and vastly lower than the DB81 that many people did not shoot well..

If anyone was looking for a good deal on a fast,responsive, high rib gun.. I'd take a good look at this one.. It's priced fairly.. It appears to have the Pat Laib..firing pin insert..which will insure a lifetime of shooting with no boltface problems.. The hardened steel insert is also excellent eliminiating wear from steel headed shells..

I don't know what else to say.. D mail me directly if you'd like.. I know these guns well.. All Good.. Perazzi@att.net

4. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

0   0   0

Barrel length? Barrel weight? LOP? Case?

Thanks very much!

5. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll put more specific info up on Monday. I put this on the web about the time I had to leave on Wednesday and I won't be in the shop until Monday AM. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Bob

6. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've been looking for an unmolested MX2, or MX1, for some time now.. The "L's" do not excite me. I'm beginning to think they do not exist. Every one I've seen has been cut up. Ah, well.

Charlie

7. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Charlie,

This gun is in as good of shape as any MX2 L I have seen in sometime. Originally brought into the country as a live bird or bunker gun. The 8.2mm height non tapered non side rib barrels make this one of the most responsive barrels that perazzi has ever made. MX8 style receiver insures durablity and who cares if it is top firing first since it is briley choked. Uses are bunker, live birds, skeet, trap doubles and sporting clays. This is a great buy at $4450.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

8. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Rich,
    Thanks for the note. I was aware of all that. Personally I have no use for ports or aftermarket choke tubes. My feeling is that Perazzi did a fine job from the factory and no "improvements" are necessary. All but one of my pigeon guns have a factory tube in one barrel and that is OK - I just don't care for Brileys. Ports are ugly and noisy and I can feel no difference that makes that worthwhile. I have a couple Perazzis w/out sideribs and barrel weight for barrel weight I can feel no difference. I also have a top first Mirage and even w/pigeon loads that doesn't make a difference either. It is kinda handier if just the first barrel is fired tho haha.
    All JMO of course - YMMV

thanks
    Charlie

9. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Barrels are 31.5" and it fires bottom first.

Bob

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Bob.. That's the first 31.5" MX2L I've ever seen.. The rarest..of the rare.. what do the barrels weigh??? Thanks.. Mike

11. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They are 31.5. The barrels are marked KG 1.610 My shipping scale says 1.6KG.

Below are pictures of the case and 8 choke tubes that come with the gun. No charge for the stickers on the case!

Bob

bobschultz_2008_030325.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030326.jpg

bobschultz_2008_030331.jpg

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Guys.. it gets no better than this.. The Holy Grail of impossible to find Perazzi shotguns.. if Bob took layaways.. I'd have to find some way to bite the bullet... Someone will get a FANTASTIC set of barrels.. The receiver is the same as any other Perazzi..but those barrels.. You're killing me..At another time it might be possible... Tearfully.. All.. well...tear soaked.. Mike

13. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It is a great feeling gun ....and no, Mike (PerazziBigBore) does not work for me and is not my cousin! Thanks for the nice words though.

I do layaways ... (you didn't know that did you?)...25% down payoff in 90 days same as cash. No interest or carrying charges. Any gun in the shop, new or used.

Thanks,

Bob

14. FLTarheel

FLTarheel TS Member

0   0   0

Bob,
    PM sent.

15. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sold, thanks for looking.

Bob

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

To the buyer.. Thank You.. please give it a good home.. If you ever want to sell it.. please put me on the list.. Maybe things will be better then.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mx-2l
perazzi mx 2
perazzi mx 2 for sale

perazzi mx 2 l

perazzi mx 2 l for sale
perazzi mx 2 l price

perazzi mx2l