1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD, $952.00 Dan Wesson 1911 45ACP pre-CZ

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BustClays, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

The complete information is on Gunbroker. Buy it now is $1152.00, reserve is less. 3-day auction. Please ask questions AFTER you have seen Gunbroker, thanks very Much.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328986168

[​IMG]

2. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Little known fact, but the early Dan Wesson 1911's were built
    entirely by Smith & Wesson for Dan Wesson.

4. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

As a CNC sales engineer I personally saw the facility from the inside. Either they were very good at camoflage or they did indeed assemble and do final machining, to at least some of their models, in Norwich when they were on Rte 12 south of the village. I recall it as a widely spread rumor at the time but I suppose it could have been true for some models. They were model "crazy" at the time and were trying to decide what to bring to market. They sold many of the "experimental" units right from the plant and they have some strange serial numbers. The Patriot came along after the attack on the twin towers and tried to capitalize on the "patriotic" fervor in the country at that time. It's probably one of the few models of 1911 that you will see with a Christian Cross in its logo. If parts came from S&W, final fitting, proofing and assembly were done in Norwich, NY. Thanks for your interest. Bob

5. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Unfortunately, their facility burnt to the ground a few months ago. They are supposed to be back up and running in Norwich in a month or two. They have quite an enthusiastic following over on 1911forum.com. I bought my first Dan Wesson this past summer and they are a great value and great shooters. Eyeing my next one now, but the recent craziness and the lack of product due to the fire are making them tough to find.

6. Sky Buster

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

BustClays:

The early guns were made entirely by S&W. I know as I worked there at the time.

7. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

If anyone is interested, the following link will take you to a 1911 Forum three part review of this model. The pistol in the review was Proofed on 10/23/02, just 18 days after my pistol, in the auction, was proofed on 10/5/02. They should be very similar.

http://www.1911forum.com/dw_001_01.php

8. BustClays

BustClays Member

0   0   0

Skybuster,
    It would be interesting to know if the Patriot was one of those models? Specifically, a model made in October of 2002? Were you at S&W then?

9. Sky Buster

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Yes I was but I don't remember the model. When S&W came out with
    their own 1911's, the association with Dan Wesson stopped. The S&W/
    Dan Wesson's were the first generation produced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dan wesson 1911 for sale

pre cz dan wesson 1911 for sale used