1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD - 870 Super Slug w/Leupold scope & Timney kit

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have one of the all-new 870 Super Slugs that I purchased for a gun review for Shotgun Sports Magazine and will no longer need in a week or two, as the review is all but complete and I don't have a lot of interest in deer hunting with slugs. The gun will have had no more than 60 rounds through it and will not have a mark on it. The only ammunition shot in it will have been plastic saboted loads, so barrel wear will not be a factor.

It is equipped with a matte-finished 3-9x 40mm Leupold VX-1 shotgun/muzzleloader scope with a Duplex reticle and Butler Creek lens covers. The scope is mounted in Leupold rings on the picatinney rail that comes with the gun. The gun also has had a Timney 870 Trigger Fix kit installed with the trigger set at three pounds. Full details about the SuperSlug can be found at http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... -slug.aspx. Information about the scope is available at http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoo ... zleloader/.

Remington's list price for these guns is $772 but I cannot determine a real street price for them as no gun shop around here has any in stock and wouldn't quote a price until they found a distributor with any to sell. There also are none listed for sale on AuctionArms.com, GunsAmerica.com or GunBroker.com. MidwayUSA and other vendors sell the scope for $230 plus shipping. I will sell the package for the list price of the gun alone plus $25 shipping to the continental United States. $797 is well under the cost of the parts of the package together and when sales tax is added to what the street price for a new gun in short supply would likely be, is about like getting the scope and its accessories and the Timney kit for free.

The gun and scope will be shipped in their original boxes with all factory paperwork and warranty registration cards. For more information, please contact me by email at eclapper@verizon.net or telephone at (717) 512-0250.

Ed

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

averaged_2008_0303134.jpg

Gun is sold.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.