1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD-->1972 Vintage Browning BT-99 <--Delivered

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Smok'n Joe, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If you're as old as I am...you may recall when the Browning BT-99 was first introduced and dominated the trap fields. An SBT with a 34" fixed full choke barrel that served no other purpose other than smoking targets. First introduced in 1968, the BT-99 quickly became known as the "Poor Man's Perazzi". Although they are still in production today, the early 1970's editions with the wide flat "beaver tail" forearms are considered better built and often fetch two to three times their original MSRP in today's used gun market.

This particular BT-99 comes with a PULL trigger and the SCHWAB RELEASE TRIGGER components, which is a rather expensive alteration to the trigger assembly.

If you've been looking for one of these classics for your collection or wish you never had sold the one you had (like I did!) here's your chance to own a legend...

March 17th update...the release trigger mechanism has been removed but will be included with the purchase of this BT-99. The trigger pull is smooth as silk and functions flawlessly. The release components can be reinstalled, if so desired and will ship either way.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

You have a pm.

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Classic Browning BT-99

14" LOP over Original Browning Logo recoil pad

PULL OR Release Trigger

Straight Interntional style Trap Stock with flat/wide Beavertail Forearm

Fixed FULL choke...original unmolested bore & choke

Locks up tight...with no galling on metal

100% original...all matching serial numbers...No. 72d1XXXX

Original Browning break down case (AA shells not included)

$995.00 shipped to your FFL

4. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I tried to Pm you but could not get it to work with smok'n joe. Send me your eail at jnnickell1961@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Jerry Nickell

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Test fire Report...Sunday, March 6, 2011

It didn't take long to find the sweet spot...dropped a couple easy straight away targets in first round trying to get used to the RELEASE trigger but BADA-BING!!!

Second Round was ASHES to ASHES DUST to DUST!!! 25 Straight like breaking sticks!

It was like riding a bike...makes me wonder why I spent all that money on those P-guns, B-guns, K-guns and Z-guns since I let my BT-99 slip away...please don't tell my wife!!!!

6. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Okay Jerry,

I just cleaned and reassembled her, here's the scoop...

As mentioned earlier, the pad is the Original Browning OEM right down to the slotted screws.

The RELEASE TRIGGER is a SCHWAB conversion...very nicely done. Springs and assembly look real good...no corrosion or gunk build up...must have been recently serviced.

I can't measure the pull or release accurately, but I can tell you that the trigger is smooth as silk and functions as well as any release I've shot.

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

I believe the stock on a BT has always been inletted at the rear, probably a manufacturing reason.

8. Mike Franzen

Mike Franzen TS Member

0   0   0

I sent you a PM yesterday.

9. Mike Franzen

Mike Franzen TS Member

0   0   0

Sent you a PM

10. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The SCHWAB RELEASE TRIGGER components have been removed and the BT-99 has been returned to it's original PULL trigger configuration. All the SCHWAB RELEASE parts are included with the purchase of this gun and it will ship with or without the release components installed.

11. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

0   0   0

smokn joe i tried to pm you contact me email or pm i would make a offer thanks

12. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

0   0   0

smokn joe i tried to pm you contact me email or pm i would make a offer thanks

13. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

0   0   0

Joe,
    I have a BT99 that looks like the twin brother to the one you have. I'm pretty green re these guns, can you tell me by my serial number when mine was made; 70D03933? I like that case a lot, just in case you decide to seperate the package.
    Mark

14. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Mark,

Based on your serial number, I'd say your gun was made in 1970.

These old classics are made like tanks and shoot as well as anything on the market. I've been shooting this particular gun for the last few weeks and it makes me wonder why I have it up for sale.

15. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

0   0   0

Joe,
    Thanks for the input on the date. I thought that might be the case based on the number prefix. I bought this gun a few years ago and was doing pretty well with it. The problem came about when my grandson asked to try it, he was 13, and it fit him real well. He has claimed the gun and does real well with it, all the way to the 27 yard line. Keep me in mind if you break up the package.
    Thanks again,
    Mark

16. K-80/John

K-80/John TS Member

0   0   0

PM sent

17. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

available for test firing today from 10:00am to 2:00pm.

18. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

0   0   0

What are the stock dimensions of a 1972 vintage BT99 without MC? Are they the same as current production guns?

19. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bo,

That's actually a very interesting question because the LOP on this BT-99 is only 14 1/4" and I normally shoot 14 1/2" to 14 5/8" with an adjustable comb and Soft Touch or RAD recoil system.

I don't get any cheek slap and the recoil is remarkably soft especially considering the gun still has the original Browning recoil pad on it! The barrel is a fixed full choke that obliterates targets from 16 yards all the way back to the fence.

The only modification I've done to the gun is adding a GREEN light pipe sight.

I'm having fun with it because I've shot it so well and it cost so little!

20. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

thank you for the interest and offers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1972 browning bt 99 value

1972 browning bt-99
assembly and disassembly of a 1972 browning bt 99 trap gun
browning bt 99 retail value used wide forearm
original cost of browning bt100
schwab release trigger bt 99