1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD***1953 Vintage mint M-70 - .308 WinSOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bob Schultz, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For the rifle lovers out there.... Here is a classic Winchester Model-70 in .308Win. Manufactured in 1953, the first year for .308 in the M-70. this gun is in 99% condition with no blue wear and only a few faint handling marks on the wood. The gentleman who owned it before me took it to the range once and hunted with it one time...in the early 50's!! If you ever wanted a truly great all-around hunting rifle this is it. Priced at $1750.00 delivered to your FFL Dealer. First email or call according to time sent will get first right of refusal. Thank you for looking! Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

0   0   0

Swap you a Browning 300 mag BAR.and money, If your interested.

3. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

powertrader,

The object, in this case, is to reduce my personal collection of guns...safe is kind of full. I have an assortment of hunting rifles and this one is kind of a repeat. I have a M70 Super Grade in .30-06 so the .308 is going down the road. Thanks for the offer though.

Bob

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sweet gun!

5. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

0   0   0

Very nice

6. FIB

FIB Member

0   0   0

Beautiful! Too bad for me it's not LH.

7. toad67

toad67 Member

0   0   0

Bob,

I think your key words are "kind of full" rather than full. If that's one you want to get rid of I would love to see the ones you want to keep. Beautiful, beautiful gun, any collector should snap that up. Good luck.

Todd

8. MR870

MR870 Member

0   0   0

When guns were made to last!!!

9. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Todd,

Most of the guns I own have more sentimental value than cash value! I have a couple owned by my dad, a couple from his brother, my uncle, who I used to hunt with many years ago. 3 from my father-in law, for whom I had a lot of respect. I have his M1911 .45 he carried on D-Day. No price on these guns. They are not worth anything of substance to anyone outside our family, just priceless to me for the great memories of the men who owned them. My nephew,David, who works with me now will no doubt end up with them as he is the next generation family gun enthusiast. He appreciates the history and the stories that go with the guns.

I have a couple of nice rifles that he'll no doubt end up with and a few seriously worn trap, skeet and sporting shotguns that hopefully I'll continue to wear out for another decade or two!

This M-70 was owned by a friend and fellow shooter who has now retired from shooting due to health issues. I purchased 3 of his M-70's and they are all in mint condition. I still plan to use them for a few more years but having a .30-06 and a .308 is kind of redundant...and I reload '06 so it's more useful to me. the other is a .270 which is my all time favorite all purpose rifle.

So there you have it...my great gun collection of old shotguns, rifles and a couple of pistols that are not worth a ton...except to me. I hope the person who buys this great M-70 gets the opportunity to make memories with it with his (or her) family as I have with some of the guns in my safe. Not to mention this is a kick-ass killer rifle that shoots like a dream!

Bob

10. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes the aluminum butt plate is a factory option as are the sling swivels.

Bob

11. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, hard to see in the pictures but the aluminum plate has a little point on the top inletted into the comb. Done at Winchester.

Bob

12. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

One more time and it's going on Gunbroker...

13. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sold thanks for looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.