1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SoftTouch FALL SPECIAL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SoTo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Hello ALL - We hope the Summer season was most successful and safe for all of you.

SoftTouch is offering a FALL SPECIAL. Schedule and complete a SoftTouch recoil reduction installation between 15 September and 31 October and get a FREE SoftTouch baseball hat (low rise/black & grey... OR... mid-rise/black & red) and a FREE Kick-EEZ recoil pad.

Our SoftTouch recoil reduction system utilizes an oil filled hydraulic cylinder with a spring recovery. Prices range from $765-$1055 and are dependant upon the current configuration of your stock plus any chosen options or upgrades.

One of the great benefits of the SoftTouch is its interaction with the adjustable comb. The system comes standard with a 2-way adjustable comb (up/down) and once set in position for your comfort, the comb stays stationary on your cheek while the SoftTouch stock moves underneath to engage then absorb and reflect the recoil energy. This eliminates cheek bruises and flinching and helps you stay in the gun during the shot. You can also upgrade to a full 4-way adjustable comb... OR we can integrated an existing 4-way comb into the SoftTouch.

Plus we sent several samples of our system to an independent research lab to determine scientifically how much recoil the SoftTouch system reduces - 60% minimum was the number. So that's a real number you can count on, not just an estimation like so many of our competitors who claim a percent of recoil reduction that is physically impossible with the parts they use. We can and have R&R many other types of recoil system and installed the SoftTouch.

It's a good time to get into our reservation queue which is currently about 6-7 weeks out. Once the season fully winds down, our queue has in the past jumped out 16-18 weeks. So call today or visit our website and send us an inquiry.

Beth
    800-323-7940
    stocks@softtouchstocks.com

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Are you no longer going to offer the composite stock for the Beretta 390s?

JON

3. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Yes - we will offer the SoftTouch composite stock for Beretta 390/391/3901/A400...etc. These are now made to order as we will no longer inventory ready to ship sets.

Beth
    800-323-7940

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Are copies of your scientific lab report on recoil reduction available?

5. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Here's the chart from our website. I will look for hard copies of the actual report and email them to anyone interested. Just PM your email if you want a PDF.

Beth

[​IMG]

6. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Howm do you distinguish a Soft Touch from other similar recoil devices?

8. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

One of the great benefits of the SoftTouch is its interaction with the adjustable comb. The system comes standard with a 2-way adjustable comb (up/down) and once set in position for your comfort, the comb stays stationary on your cheek while the SoftTouch stock moves underneath to engage then absorb and reflect the recoil energy. This eliminates cheek bruises and flinching and helps you stay in the gun during the shot. Or you can upgrade to a full 4-way adjustable comb. SoftTouch can also be built around an exiting 4-way comb.

The SoftTouch comb is NOT attached to the recoil pad plate like the G2, Clyde slide or EZ-Coil. The Gracoil, Bump Buster, ISIS, Counter Coil do not come standard with an integrated adjustable comb, although there are gunsmiths who have modified some of these systems with an adjustable comb, not always integrated. The SoftTouch system compresses at the back end rather than the middle like the Stock Lock or Prosoft. Many of the systems mentioned above use a spring based recoil dampening system. SoftTouch utilizes a true oil filled hydraulic cylinder which was specifically designed to absorb recoil energy.

Did I answer your question fully? What sure if your question was regarding form or function so I tried to include information on both. I am happy to answer any other questions you have or expand on the current question if needed.

Or... you can always call us directly Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Beth
    SoftTouch
    800-323-7940

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Would you explain this chart please? Is it telling me how much the recoil reduction is or how much recoil the shooter will feel after the reduction. Either way, it contradicts the "min 60%" figure you state in your intro. I'd like to see the actual lab report. PM with email to follow.

rm

10. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

This is the chart we were given. I am looking for the hard data and am in communication with the manufacturer of our cylinder as they contracted a good deal of the research studies. As soon as I have it, I will share it.

They way it was explained to me is that each column represents how much recoil reduction is felt by weight. For example a typical 175 person will get 62% reduction in the felt recoil. This is from the 1980's and the data definately wasn't presented well in this chart. Way before my time here.

Beth

11. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member