1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SoftTouch cylinder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SoTo, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Hello Shooters - Hope you all are having a great shooting season.

Sorry to be hitting this subject again, but Stocker John is claiming to have a replacement cylinder for the SoftTouch recoil reduction system. This unit he developed IS NOT effective when compared to the exclusive cylinder offered by SoftTouch Custom Stock for OUR recoil system. We had our cylinder designed specifically for recoil reduction and it is manufactured exclusive for us for the SoftTouch. We are concerned that someone may buy this cylinder and it not work up to expectation and a potential customer sees or tries the gun with the ineffective cylinder and decides not purchase a SoftTouch because of this performance. So if you need a replacement cylinder for your SoftTouch system please contact us directly.

Best Regards and Happy Shooting
    Rob and Beth – SoftTouch Custom Stocks

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

What is the cost of your replacement cylinder and what guarantee does it carry?

Thank you,
    Ajax

3. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Our replacement SoftTouch cylinder is $135. Spending yes, but we don't make much profit from them and they last for years and years. Our SoftTouch cylinder has a guaranteed one year warranty, but usually if your cylinder goes bad within 5 years we replace it for free unless we can verify abuse. We have customers who shoot almost every day, 1000s of rounds a years and after 10-12 years, their cylinder is still going strong. I had a customer call a few weeks ago who needed a new cylinder; after 18 years of service it finally gave out. The SoftTouch recoil reduction cylinder really works and independent scientific studies validate those claims. And you NEVER have to pump it up to achieve the expected performance.

Thanks for your question.

Beth
    SoftTouch Custom Stocks

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Wishing Stocker John the VERY best! However, I have had a Soft Touch in my tournament guns since they first were put on the market. The one I have in my Beretta A301 has been there with NO parts replaced since 1993. It still works just fine, cylinder included. In fact, I purchased two extra cylinders from Moe many years ago and they have never been removed from the package they originally came in. To me, Soft Touch just gets better with age.

JMO,

milt

FtWorth

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I have a soft touch on my Perazzi. Wouldn't have anything else. Never think about it to tell the truth, just shoot.

6. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Thanks guys for the great feedback. We too wish Stocker John the VERY best. There is plenty of room for competition in this industry. We just wish and have asked on several occasions that he stop selling his cylinder as a replacement for the SoftTouch cylinder as it is NOT effective enough and unfortuneatly deminishes the performance of our system. In addition we promote and utilize an exclusive true oil filled hydraulic cylinder which by the laws of physics alone is more effective at absorbing energy than an air-based cylinder.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Say what you like... I have had terrible luck with the Soft Touch cylinder and they have never lasted me more then a couple of seasons. I guess it all depends on how much you shoot or luck of the draw. I got tired of getting gigged for an extra 100.00 every 2 years.

You must handle things diffrent then Moe used to as I never got a replacement for any of those bad cylinders.

This is why you buy a G-squared.

Jeff

8. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Jeff - We are sorry that you had a bad experience. I have been with SoftTouch for 6 year now and if someone called with a bad cylinder after only 2 years, I would replace it for FREE even though our warranty is one year. Even if you run heavy heavy loads and shoot 3-4 times per week, you should still get 7-10 years from the cylinder. Not sure how many cylinders you went thru?!? Doesn't really make sense to us especially if you went thru more than one replacment. We have many many customer's and even Moe who have shot the same cylinder for 15 years+ without issue and they shoot 2-3 times every week with all types of loads. One way to burn up the cylinder quickly is to have a Magnet Lock set to maximum tension and then add a XXX-heavy spring, which we do not recommend and always caution customers who want to use this set-up.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Can the Stock Lock Stock be adapted to use the Soft Touch C ylinder?

Gary

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

The old TMS I bought had the old style soft touch on it when purchaced. I shot about 25,000 plus rounds through it in about a year and is still doing its job. Ray

11. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Just for the record, Moe put me in touch with the outfif that makes the cylinder several years ago.

I've been involved in impact reduction in sports (Football helmets etc.)for many years and wanted to see if they had any force/time data. They were very cooperative, had done some neat work for Soft Touch and make a first class clylinder. I'v used Soft Touch for 15 years with no pronblem.

Hank Cross

12. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Gary - You should contact the Stock Lock folks and use the recoil absorption part(s) intended for their system.

-Beth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

softtouch mop head