1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SoftTouch Custom Stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SoTo, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Hello Trap Shooters and Happy New Year!!

We have been reading some disturbing and untrue information on this forum. The SoftTouch recoil reduction system has been exclusive to our shop here in Portland, OR for over 30 years now; our shop and our services are NOT extended to any stock makers in Eugene, OR or anywhere else. We do not allow anyone but us to install the SoftTouch system. This ensures that each and every customer's stock is fitting with our high performance, clean looking, custom made SoftTouch recoil reduction system with an unparalleled warranty and our exclusive cylinder. In the last few months, we have had several people call and/or walk into our shop with a recoil system they were told was a SoftTouch when in fact it was not installed by us. These systems were not constructed correctly and did not perform up to expectations set by the true SoftTouch. We felt compelled to rebuild the recoil systems for these customers on a warranty basis (no charge) in an effort to maintain the good name of SoftTouch in the industry. We are a small customer service oriented team here and none of us are rich or are making bank from our jobs. So when we have to clean up someone else's work for free it puts a hardship on us.

Please do not be fooled by those who will tell you they can install a cheap "SoftTouch" or sell you a cheap "replacement cylinder" instead of our exclusive true hydraulic cylinder that was designed specifically for recoil reduction and is not a part that has been retrofit from another industry. We offer courtesy discounts and extended warranty service to our customers all the time, so we ask that if you need a new cylinder or want SoftTouch recoil system please contact us directly to purchase parts and/or schedule service. Cheap knock-offs are just that. But with the SoftTouch, you get the best performing, best looking recoil system available.

We used to be called Shooter's Emporium, but we changed our name to SoftTouch Custom Stock to better reflect our services when Moe decided to retire and turn the shop over to Rob who has been installing and improving the SoftTouch for over 22 years. We also offer custom made stocks/forearms and custom stock modifications. We look forward to hearing for each of you.

Rob Ivens and Beth Hulcy
    SoftTouch Custom Stocks
    800-323-7940

2. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Rob and I want to be clear that the verbiage we used on our message was intentional and not arbitrary. Thank you Mr. Pack and Mr. McCaleb for your kind word and continued support of us and the SoftTouch. We are saddened that others are riding the reputation and the SoftTouch name recognition we and Moe have worked so hard to build and maintain over the years. If you want the best recoil reduction system available… THE SoftTouch recoil reduction system… please contact us directly. We thank you for your time and for those of you who shoot a SoftTouch, we thank you very much for choosing us.

Beth
    800-323-7940

3. seitz647

seitz647 Member

I was never a fan of recoil devices until I purchaseds gun with one - had a soft touch on it - all I can say is I was impressed - you dont even know its their - your cheek stays where it supposed to, and recoil is nill - this is a great device for the recoil sensitive - Keep it going - John Mroczka

4. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

I have had several soft touchs installed & even a couple of stocks made. Moe always did his best to get my project done in as little time as possible. Rob does the same & always top quality.
    Jim Bauer

5. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Moe made me this fantastic set of custom stocks with the Soft Touch system for my TM1 over 20 years ago, when I had broken my jaw. If it wasn't for the soft touch system, I would have not been able to continue shooting. They do fantastic work and stand by there product 100%...

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

[​IMG]

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I've had a Soft Touch installed on three guns. The first when Moe first started. I recently contacted Beth because I needed a revision that I did not think was possible. With S.T., it is possible, prices were surprisingly fair and the correspondence with Beth was the most consumer friendly and positive. Try them...you'll see...

Soft Touch...Highly recommended!

milt

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Rob/Beth, the fact others call any recoil reducing a Soft-Touch is nothing more than product envy in my thinking. If one misrepresents one for sale and calls it one your stocks thats certainly different and bogus to boot! I think those who know and use the Soft-Touch product certainly know the difference with a faked wrong termed reduction stock some make mention of. When you make the best, why worry over the rest, imitation is a grand compliment or so it's said?

Hap

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have a Soft Touch On gun I just purchased and need longer pins w/the higher adj rib I need a set of One Inch 1" inch w/ screws fitted, or 1 1/8th inch pins w/screws fitted for the soft touch.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

All I know is that will hardly ever see a pigeon gun without a "Soft Touch" stock at a shoot.

12. fatboy439

fatboy439 TS Member

Having used the services of "Shooters Emporium" and "SoftTouch" many times
    over the past 40 years with good results, I understand what the confusion
    is all about. Not all stock adjusters or recoil dampening systems are
    "SoftTouch" regardless of similarities, much the same not all adhesive
    first-aid strips are "Band-Aids" or Facial tissues are not always "Kleenex"
    You have to accept the fact that there are always going to be copies.
    The fact that SoftTouch stood behind a product that they knew wasn't
    theirs is very comendible but I wouldn't expect them to do this all the time.
    We at Ljutics have to deal with the same situations occasionally also. How we handle it varies for many reasons. "Let The Buyer Beware" if you expect one
    business to Warrantee another Business's work

13. Stocker John's

Stocker John's TS Member

Just to clarify:

Stocker John's of Eugene, OR does not install SoftTouch units.

At one time years ago Stocker John's was a SoftTouch dealer. All units installed at that time under Stocker John's dealer program were sent directly to or delivered in person to Shooter's Emporium, Inc. for installation. Some of these units were also installed by John Fittinger at Shooter's Emporium, Inc.

Customer's who purchased a SoftTouch during the Stocker John's dealer program partnership have a true SoftTouch and Warranty should be covered through SoftTouch. This would be the same for any other dealers at that time.

If you purchased a "like" unit from Stocker John's after the dealer program ended, for all dealers, this similar unit has the same one year warranty.
    I beleive you were made aware that it was "not a SoftTouch unit," but similar or like it.

Please contact John Fittinger if there are any issues that arrise out of the installation or later repairs needed as SoftTouch should not be responsible for your repairs.

While John has also repaired SoftTouch stocks, we respect the relationship that we have had with Moe Bragg and his legacy with Shooter's Emporium, Inc./SoftTouch Custom Stocks, Rob Ivens, and the SoftTouch name.

Shooter's Emporium, Inc./SoftTouch Custom Stocks is an honorable company and is highly recomended for their trademark item SoftTouch.

Best Always,

Stephanie Fittinger

14. TjayE

TjayE Member

Stocker John made a custom stock for my trap gun and also installed the Soft Touch recoil system when he worked for Moe. I think the year was 1999. John would service the Soft Touch every year at the Grand in Vandalia. I always got good service from Shooters Emporium. Tom E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beth at soft touch stocks

soft touch stocks

trap softtouch stocks for sale