1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOFTEST RECOIL PAD?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'd guess that's kind of a subjective thing. Fell for the gooey type when they first surfaced but they just didn't have any lasting power for me. Since then, I've stayed with the KickEez pads but had to change from a rocker to flat on the O/U while the rocker is primo on the single barrel. I'd say it depends....Bob Dodd

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

gooey for me. Only pad i've found that didn't rub my shoulder raw. Mine is going on its 2nd year, and isn't pristine looking (not that it ever was, I hand ground it on a belt sander to get it close in size because I needed to fit it quickly), but it still works as good as ever. I'll probably use it through this year, and replace it in the fall. As long as gooey is available i doubt i'll be using anything else.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Kick-Eez all the way for me as well. Break-em all. Jeff

4. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Pachmayer T550 works for me.

Frank Maglin

5. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

X-Coil by Hi Viz is a great pad. It made a big difference on the GTI I have.

i_shoot

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok the one above has to be the sofest because it is adjustable from every thing from a high powered rifle to a light shot gun.

Of course im sure none is around any more.

they used to come in all colors.

I can shoot a 870 remington or a Model-12 Winchester and they feel like an automatic well really they feel better to me because I don't like a automatic gun.

Foghorn220

7. Bwanar

Bwanar TS Member

No experience with the gooey but I have both Limbsaver and Kickeze. They both do a great job with recoil and will last many years, but the Limbsaver is definately softer in feel.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I just took a Limbsaver off my gun and put a Terminator on both are nice and soft I just wanted the curve that the Terminator has my Limbsaver is straight they may also make a curved back pad also. I find both of them to be excellent for recoil the Gooey pads are so sticky they pick up any gravel you rest them on and even stuck and pulled the paint off my workshop floor. It did come off but in hot weather they are soft like erasers. With that said they are very nice to shoot with but IMHO not anybetter than the others and less trouble.

Buddy

9. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

On all my rifles and field shotguns I have Limbsaver even have on for my BT99. We compared two XT's for recoil, one with a Garco and one with a Limbsaver and there was very little difference. They also have a new pad out now that is suppose to reduce felt recoil even more. Just wish they would make a concave one. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

softest recoil pad

softest recoil pads
the softest recoil pad for trap shooting
what is the softest recoil pad for shotguns
who makes the softest recoil pad