1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Softest butt pad there is

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Bkp2024, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Bkp2024

Bkp2024 Member

0   0   0

Gooey pad from trapdudes.com is softest I've seen. My son has one and loves it. I like my kick ezz too but gooey is way softer.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Several years ago, I put together a little test group of some of my shooting buddies for an article I was writing on felt recoil. I obtained recoil pads from most of the manufacturers in that field and we spent a day trying them on each person's gun. The results were a little surprising.

Most of us thought the Gooey pads would be the clear winner but in fact with handicap loads, they tended to bottom out for many of us. The much firmer-feeling Kick-Eez pads wound up feeling softer for a lot of us with their Rocker pad feeling like it fit us better. But for all-out felt recoil reduction with everything from 1,150fps one-ounce handloads to Nitro 27 factory fodder, the two favorites with an equal number of first-place votes were the Limbsaver and Remington's SuperCell. Amazingly, none of us had either of those pads on our guns, so previous personal preference wasn't a factor.

In hindsight, that really isn't a huge surprise. Many years ago, the no-longer-available Seahass (spelling?) pad was considered the softest pad and the two winners in our test are shaped just like that pad, minus its signature angled slots.

Ed

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

0   0   0

I like the gooey better then the Kickeze having used them both for extended periods of time.

The gooey never bottomed out for me and I shoot a lot of AA Super Handicap.

Shawn

4. pulllit

pulllit Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have tried most all of the popular recoil pads and after reading on here about the new Pachmayr XLT Magnum Ultrasoft Trap Pad I ordered one. They were correct, it is the best recoil pad I have experienced so far.

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Pulllit is right. Phil Simms installed the above Pachmayr pad on a stock he made for me and it is the best I have used. Excellent pad for recoil and fit.
    This is my pad of choice now.

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

0   0   0

gooey but they get dirty.

7. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

0   0   0

Like the ones suggested. Glad no one mentioned my wife's butt pad. That would have been awkward to say the least.

Search tags for this page

softest recoil pad

the softest recoil pad for trap shooting
trap extended recoil pads