1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

soft touch. Which one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joneseboy, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joneseboy

joneseboy Member

I am looking into getting a soft touch on my Kolar T/S. I see that it has some opptions. A lighter spring, a heavy spring, or a magnet. I am favoring the magnet with the titanuim but can I get some oppinions on the different opptions if you have used one.
    Thanks, Joneseboy

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They have most likely improved but about 4 years ago I got a gun with a softouch on it and I disliked it it very much. Too much clanging and slop going on for me. Make sure you shoot one first. I also found it hard to sell the gun with it on. Like I say, they may be ok now

3. guybo_4

guybo_4 Member

I have an adjustable GraCoil on both my Browning and Ljutic. They work great and the customer service is awesome!

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

In my opinion moving Recoil reducers are good only for singles or caps. One other thing to keep in mind when ever you spend over $500 on a stock Recoil system you are probably reducing the value of the stock set or gun by nearly as much.

You should consider a custom fitted stock or try a PFS. Either way in the long run you will be out less money.

Good luck and Happy New Years

Joe

5. joneseboy

joneseboy Member

What about this RAD recoil reducer?

6. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

Carey Barron Slick Slide #350.00 web site jmpyne3@yahoo.com in Idaho

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Ditto for Carey Baron's slick slide. It uses a hydraulic cylinder. JM

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

joneseboy , the RAD is a good unit, uses a hydraulic cylinder.

What is a "Carey Barron Slick Slide" ? Apparently there is no website.

9. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

JerryP I just sent you a pm about my SlickSlide recoil system. It is a close copy of a Clyde Slide, and build these with Clydes permission. These use a spring cylinder not a hydraulic one. I do not have a web sight but will send a forward to your email address with pictures and prices if you want information or just give me a call if you have questions.
    Thank you, Carey Barron 208/476/7480

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have owned every recoil device known to man kind. While they all seem to reduce recoil somewhat they are not created equal. The rad and gracoil should not be mentioned in the same sentence as a device that has the cheek piece move with the gun. After you shoot a gun with a soft touch installed you will throw rocks at most of the others but then again that's the way it should be, it cost a bunch more but there craftsmanship is second to none. Get one you will love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.