1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

soft touch versus clyde slide ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by newcastle, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newcastle

newcastle Member

Hi, are the soft touch recoil systems and the clyde slide basically the same, I found a few pics of each and they look pretty much the same.
    thanks

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

There are some differences but they work basically the same but the Clyde Slyde(or Slick Slide hoffman06 makes them now)is about a third of the cost.Jerry

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Does the Slick Slide offer a magnet system?

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have one of each, a Clyde Slyde on a BT-99 & a Soft Touch on an MX-8. The main difference is the Clyde Slyde is a mechanical spring system while the Soft Touch is a hydraulic system. The Clyde Slyde I have does not have a magnetic device but I've never had a problem with it compressing when I mount the gun. As Jerry stated, the other difference is the price. John

5. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

Had a Slick Slide put on the wife's BT 99. Had the stock back in 2 weeks, very nice job and it works well.

Jack

6. woodski

woodski Member

Do you have the Name, Address, and Phone # for the Slick/Clyde Slide person please? thanks, Bob

7. myevh3

myevh3 TS Member

Just got my Slick Slide this past week. Works awesome. I have a bad shoulder and needed some relief. I had Carey install the Slick slide with a padded comb and adjustable kick-eez pad. I shot it Saturday. Felt like a 22 cal rifle. I could probably shot several thousand rounds and not feel much of anything. Great product, and Carey is a fine craftsman. Tell him Matt from Ohio sent you.

His number is: Carey 208/476/7480

~Matt

8. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Thanks for the good words everyone. Give me a call at 208/476/7480 if you have any questions about a Slick Slide. My son Adam, gunstock202, working out of my shop also builds all types of adjustable combs so nearly any type of stock work can be done in one place.
    Carey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.