1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Soft-Touch v. G2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MOP, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOP

MOP Active Member

Would appreciate input from those who have used both. I have considerable experience with Soft-Touch, but none with G2.

2. d endicott

d endicott Member

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the softtouch is a lil pricey but as the saying goes " you get what you pay for"!!!!-- my duaghter loves the smooth feeling the softtouch gives!!

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Soft-Touch all the way.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. MOP

MOP Active Member

Have you guys used both? Why do you prefer one over the other?

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Have owned many of both. The G2 is my choice. It's just far easier to adjust then a soft touch. The soft touch cylinder has an annoying habit of breaking and then you are out 150.00 bucks for a new one. That pisses me off as it is an internal part of the unit and it should not fail with regularity as far as I am concerned. I have never had the air system on any of my G2's fail although I have heard of guys having sllow leaks.

To me it isn't a Ford VS Chevy question as teh soft touch has to be taken apart and springs replaced if you want to increase tension. That or you pay the big bucks for the magnetic system. I have never used it and for all I know you may have to take teh stock apart to adjust the magnets. Jeff

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I shoot with a guy that has a soft touch. The first day he got it he sent it back. The problem was the comb was cut to low and the comb would slide in his thumb and could of cut his hand.
    At first soft touch told him thats how we cut the stock. After a few heated words soft touch bought him a new stock. Cut it the comb right and now he is very happy with the stock.
    I would say both stock company's are good just be carefully on how they cut in the comb. Make sure you tell them what you want done and email then so you have a copy of what you want done. You don't want to pay for the $800 job twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.