1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

///////// Soft Touch or StockLock ////////////

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wbill, Aug 30, 2013.

1. wbill

wbill Member

I am going to get one of the two. Has anyone had both and can tell me the pros and cons of these recoil systems and which performs better?
    Bill

2. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I've had several (more than 4 of each). The StockLocks that I've had have added to much weight to the butt stock. For what it's worth, I did have StockLock (#3) built for me at the Grand. It worked very well and I shot better with that gun (for 6 years) and stock than I did with any other gun I've owned. Wish I had it back.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Slick Slide all the way and at 1/3rd of the cost or less Slick Slide cost is approx. $350-450 w/soft top comb, 4 way adj comb.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

I like my soft touch..I am using the wood that I picked out when I bought my gun. Life is too short to shoot an ugly PFS stock. LMAO.. Bernie

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

6. Gunwood99

Gunwood99 TS Member

ebsurveyor, Butch to be fair--- you never actually ordered a Prosoft stock from us. If you had you would know that we can match the weight of just about any stock including one with a Soft Touch installed. If you bought one used then it wasn't made for you and the comparison is invalid!

All we ask is that you put accurate information on this national forum? Please? Phil Simms Prosoft Recoil Systems

7. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Phil, You are correct. Sorry for the information I posted. I will correct my previous post.

butch

8. mpenley

mpenley TS Member

My experience has always been the best with trapshooters anywhere, any state... always, so... just ask and explain that "I'd would like to try one" BEFORE spending my hard earned cash... don't forget the Thank You and would you like to try mine? I have NEVER been turned down be it a $300 pump or $15,000 Whizzbang Special.

9. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

MX2G, That is a nice looking outfit you got there!!!!!
    Don

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm a StockLock man. I have two and they have been great. You might want to investigate the new StockLok II. It's more economical and works identically to the custom stocks. It wont be custom but has most of the adjustments built right in.

I saw one at the Grand that Frank Bently III is shooting and it looked nice. He likes it too.

11. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Go with ProSoft.

Gene in Illinois