1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Soft gun cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

Who makes/sells good quality soft cases that will hold long barrel, tall stock, trap guns. Sometime, soft cases are more convienent to use than hard cases.

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Boyt makes a great takedown case that will handle 34" barrels.

http://www.boytharness.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31_41&products_id=132

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I've been using the Boyt takedown case and like it. Much better than lugging around a heavy aluminum case. If you can live with a full length case, Beretta makes a great case that will easily hold a 34 inch trap gun.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have a Monsoors that I like a lot. It has proven very serviceable.

JON

5. butcher

butcher Member

Beretta makes a 56 inch two gun case. I bought three of them at the grand from Gamallios. I was tired of the zippers breaking on the 54 inch ones or would be potruding because of the short cases.

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Another vote for Boyt case. The break down work the best. I use the 2 barrel case. It has more room for a high rib trap gun with larger stock.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Check out Bass Pro's Redhead take down case, I have one. Its just about identical to the Boyt one & $50.00 cheaper.

Phil Berkowitz

9. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

charger is right-- gunsunlimited/ omaha ne, has beretta 54" 2 gun soft cases for around $38--they are real nice and roomy!!

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I like the Boyt soft case for 52" pump and semi-auto shotguns for my 870's and 1100/11-87's.

They run in the $80-$90 range plus tax but are well worth it. They have a tough canvas exterior and are well padded with cotton interiors. They also have massive brass zippers and leather carrying straps.

I bought my first Boyt case at the Grand a few years back for half price from a bargain bin outside one of the vendor buildings (it had a Smith and Wesson logo on it). I liked it so much I bought two more the next year at regular price.

My understanding is that Boyt now owns Bob Allen.

Ed Ward

11. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks everyone, I'll check out the suggested cases.

12. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Cabelas sells a 39" canvas takedown case, reasonably priced and equal quality to Boyt.

13. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

I have a couple Boyt's but by far the finest one I own is made by J.W. Hume
    Co.. It is pricy but carries a lifetime warranty. I easily handles my 34" unsingle with 1"extended choke.

14. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Cabelas not equal quality to the Boyt...have had many issues.

WNCRob

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WNCRob---Like what issues? I had one of Cabelas takedown softcases and it was very well built and held up nicely. In fact i sold the case used and the guy is very happy with it.---Matt
    grntitan_2009_250354.jpg

16. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Call Doug Wolk at Shotgun Specialties he has a soft case at wiill fit any trap gun tall rib or not for less than 40.00 bucks very good case.

17. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I just got my hands on one of these:

FOD20119-083---B1one.jpg

It will fit any of my guns. Made with real leather and no way the zipper can scratch your wood.

I also have the Cabela's case pictured above. I like it better than the Boyt because it has a plastic zipper and won't scratch your stock. I've been carrying my Ljutic around in it for a year. No problems what-so-ever.

I like the take-down cases because they fit into the trunk easier.

18. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I looked at the Cabelas case a few years ago when I was shopping. At that time there were numerous comments on their "customer opinions" section complaining about shoddy workmanship, poor stitching, defective zippers, etc. Perhaps they have cured all the problems. Relative to the Boyt, which I own, the metal zipper is an issue, and can mar the butt of the grip if you're not careful. Otherwise, its nice and a heck of a lot lighter than the Americase.

WNCRob

19. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

WIC- I went through this same search for my 34" unsingle so I shouldn't have to take it apart each time. The 54" Boyt bag did not fit this size gun- I had to return the bag. I finally found the Beretta HP soft bag in 56" which fit perfectly. It is also a superior bag-very well made.

Ned

20. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks Ned, the Beretta HP looks like what I need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
56 inch soft gun case for 10 gauge shotgun
beretta hp takedown shotgun case
gun case for trap gun
monsoors gun cases

shotgun takedown soft case

trap gun case
trap gun cases
trap shotgun soft case