1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

soft gun cases (whiz white)?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Whiz- I seem to remember you posting a couple years ago about a company you knew of (i think it was out of canada) that produced nice soft cases. Do you still have their info (hopefully I have the right person LOL).

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Dave (can't think of his last name). I tried to get him set up here in the USA, but when Savange ordered 10,000 cases, he could not make that many,

Bill Malcolm here on ts.com knows the man. Beretta687EEL is his handle.

I'll email him this link.

Whiz

3. skeet_man

it was tiger tactical, bill emailed me with the website earlier. i'm trying to design a breakdown case with sleeves for subgauge tubes. Appears to be going good so far.

4. Don K8020

Don K8020 TS Member

You may not have to design a case to hold subgauge tube inserts.

I bought a breakdown Boyt Harness soft case from Briley. It's apparently made exclusively for Briley since it's not listed in the Boyt website. It holds the stock and two barrel sets and on the back side is a six slot long pouch for holding full length subgauge insert tubes. This case is made out of the same padded heavy cotton duck material as their other cases. I think it was about $180, might have been less. If I remember, the case comes in two lengths.

I think you'd have to call Briley to order the case. I don't recall seeing it in their list of products on their website.

Don Anderson

5. skeet_man

Don- Thanks for the suggestion. I've actually had 2 of those. My main gripe with them is other than canvas, there is nothing protecting the tubes when they are in the sleeves. I tried putting PVC pipe in the sleeves, and it would have worked PERFECTLY (it was exactly the right ID and everything), but I couldn't get the pipe all the way into the sleeves on each end, there just wasn't enough material to stretch. I just worry about whats going to happen if I drop the case, or its in my trunk and I hit a bump, or a flat of shells tips over on it, or something, and until I can put something b/w the tubes and a hard surface other than fabric, i'll keep lugging my americase around. I'm actually talking to Tiger right now about making a case similar to the boyt that'll be built specifically around using PVC protectors. I'm also looking at having them make other mods to their case that'll make it better suited for a skeet gun than the boyt (maybe a velcro hammer and knocker holder, a section for choke tube cases, ect).

6. finger

finger TS Member

Ian: The Briley soft tube case has proven its worth over the years. If you are bothered by the lack of protection for the tubes (and I don't think you need to be) find a cardboard box that the case fits in, reinforce it with duct tape and throw it in the trunk of your car. If you are going to fly with it Pelican makes a case that the soft case will fit in. The soft case by itself won't pass Security muster in airports, nor would I want it to.

Good luck on improving on a good thing. I like your idea, but the market is very small as I'm sure you know. ps the pfs is on the Kolar. I did go over to the "dark side" bob finger

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Americase makes a nice rigid tube case that holds six sub-gauge tubes. I have used one for years and find it to be a quality product. I like to keep my O/U assembled and in a soft case (Boyt makes a quality case). Just another option to consider.

The link above should take you to the Americase page.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.