1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

soft gun case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by guthooked, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthooked

guthooked Member

So I'm looking for a soft gun case for a 54" long shotgun.

What type/brand do you use? and where did you get it? Price?

There was a thread on here about cases recently,but for some reason I can't find it now. thanks john

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

There are some really cheap soft gun cases around that I can't comment on.

Boyt makes a mid-price soft case that looks OK and is quite serviceable.

Orvis sells a soft case made in China that looks good and is very serviceable.

J.W. Hulme makes a case (in the USA) that looks superb and has a soft (lambs wool) interior with a leather receptacle for the muzzle and front bead that is the pinnacle of quality in this market, but it is priced accordingly.

Hulme used to supply Orvis with soft gun cases until Orvis found they could get something similar in China much cheaper. The Orvis soft case is nice, but it doesn't compare to the Hulme version, even though they look very similar in the catalogs.

Ted K.

3. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Check out the Monsoor's 3 gun soft case.

4. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Guthook,
    Try the Log Cabin Sports Shop in Lodi, Ohio. They have a padded soft side that is 62" long and will take a gun up to 60". I "think" it is around $30.
    Mark

5. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I had a Beretta AL391 trap with a 32" barrel and adjustable butt plate. The only case I could find was one of the Beretta soft cases. I have several of them and they are very high quality. Try Able Ammo.

David

6. guthooked

guthooked Member

Guys thanks for the advice I went with the Boyt harness signature 54" in od green.

7. tarheel

tarheel Member

I ordered this one,supposed to be here today!
    If you want more info on this one.as soon as the FedX truck gets here I can give you all the info you want!As it is 58"!

Ballistic Products,Soft Long gun Case #1311508,Check that page,and the price is Right!
    Tarheel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.