1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOFT COMBS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by woodchuk, Jun 7, 2013.

1. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

Just checking does a soft comb help and where can I get one I will be at the PA state shoot next Thursday to Saturday any info welcome.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Carl Holzman from Womelsdorf PA is the greatest and most reasonable. Will be at the PA shoot with me on Thursday but will not do it on site!!

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

If you are getting a sore cheek, you would be better off investigting why it is getting injured.

One of several causes for cheek pain is the wrong pitch on your stock. The pitch is ca orrect for you when, as you are mounting the gun with the barrel raised to normal shooting heght, the whole recoil pad, top to bottom, makes simultaneous contact with your sholder. If the bottom toe of the pad makes contact much before the top of the pad, you may have discoverd the cause of your "cheek slap".

Rollin

4. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

K thanks I can get my gun fit at the PA state shoot then and can you let me know who to go to there Thanks Rick

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seems to me the soft combs are not really that soft. When you think about it, they can't be to soft. Mine seems like it has become harder. Seems better to get the gun to recoil straight back. IMO.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you opt for "Soft Comb", have the maker cut your stock and NOT use the porkchop piece as his base. USE a fresh piece of wood for the new comb an save the old cut out. You stock will have considerably more retail selling value if you do.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Good point Jack! Unfortunately my pork chop is the original wood.