1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Soft Comb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Man, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

What do you guys think about soft combs?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Personally, I feel that if you think you need a soft comb, you had better take a look at WHY the gun is beating the crap out of your cheek. Soft combs either mask poor gun fit, or someone's screw up.

My opinion.

Tron

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Personally, as long as it isn't so soft that it varies your eye position with a slight change in cheek pressure I like them.

Buz

4. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I am thinking of getting one made taller than my old comb, the gun is not beating me up.

5. Tron

If it's not beating you up, then why not just have another comb made taller???? Unless you have some sort of problem with gum disease or other dental maladies, I just don't see any sense in soft combs...never have.

But...I'm sure others will disagree.

6. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I am just looking for something cheaper than having a hole new system put in. $90

7. Tron

Well...if I'm reading you correct, you want a bit more comb hight, correct?? If so, and you want to go within a limited budget, why not a "cheek-eez"?? It sticks onto your existing comb, it's soft (although I hate that soft crap) and it can be had for under $20.

But, if your comb is not adjustable already, then it may not be a great idea because it will bump your POI to the left or right, depending if your a lefty or righty.

Just a thought.

Tron

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Like Tron, I dont see the point of one

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

They're a good idea on 101's :) Wouldn't you agree to that, Tron?

10. Tron

Well Marty, I know that I'll probably get flamed for this, but 101's seem to beat the piss out of even the manliest shooters (even some of us corn fed Michigan "Bow-as"). Yeah, 101's should have had stocks made out of NERF type of rubber or something and a bottle of morphene. I never liked those guns.

Tron

11. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I thought about getting a cheek-ezz but I want something taller than 1/8 of an inch. Thats the tallest one I could find.

12. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Once you stick the cheek-eez on your wood be prepared for about a half a day's work to get it off. I would let someone cut my comb and install an adjustable . I use Greg Hissem, fine job and reasonable. Or you can use a reputable shop near you. Trying to go the cheap way always cost in the long run. The other option, which I usually used, was sell the gun for a piece of euipment that fits you and that has that option. Hope this helps, Roy

13. deking00

deking00 Member

Trapdude.com makes a rubber comb that fits Perazzi, Kolar, K-80, and Browning for $95.00. I use one on my Precision Fit Stock with a different mounting bracket. It is hard enough that you will not get a consistent mount and it fills better to me than the plastic comb that came with my stock. David

14. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Meadow Industries makes an excellent velcro attached soft pad to go over the comb, and it can easily be adjusted in various heights. We sold them for years in our store before adjustable combs were available.
    Puablo

15. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I have an adj. comb, the problem is that I had an adj. rib put on and the comb does not go up far enough for me to get down on the gun like I would want to.

16. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Where can you get taller post for an Browning adj. comb.

17. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

browning man, call Greg Hissem-316-554-8488

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

soft comb browning