1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

soft comb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mdhunter, Jul 2, 2013.

1. mdhunter

mdhunter TS Member

I am looking at buying a used gun with a soft comb on the adjustable comb. What is everyone's opinion on these. I have never seen/handled a gun with one. Thanks

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Soft combs are nice but I wouldn't buy a gun with that being my main criteria.

By the gun you want and spend $150 to have the hard comb converted or a keep the hard comb and have a soft comb made from scratch.

Some will swear if a gun fits you don't need a soft comb. I think some people are just more sensitive in the cheek area or just like the soft comb.

JMHO YMMV

Shawn

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

If you can buy a Perazzi that has Perazzi comb hardware and then you can use the outstanding Perazzi Rubber Comb.

T

4. mdhunter

mdhunter TS Member

the reason I am asking is the gun I am looking at happens to have a soft comb, and I am wondering if I will regret it, or if they wear down over time etc. I believe it is made of leather?

5. Shawn

Shawn Member

Yes they breakdown over time and need replacing.

Search tags for this page
soft comb for browning

soft comb for shotgun