1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Soft air guns

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JRANDALL1, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRANDALL1

JRANDALL1 Member

Dicks pulling so called "black guns" off the shelf. Walmart changing their selection. Kmart here in Lafayette no longer sells guns, not sure about ammunition. I dont shop there. Look around the sporting goods sections of these stores. There are several soft air guns, BB/pelllet guns fashioned after "assault weapons". They can be purchased in the form of an AR15, AK47, Thompson sub machine gun, Tec 9 Glock 18FA Uzi complete with collapsable stock and threaded barrel. Some of these even have a fake suppressor. The more expensive ones are full size versions of the real guns, use 2 CO2 cartridges, and are capable of full auto bursts with BB's.They even sell padded clothing so they can shoot at each other with them. When I asked why the stores were not removing these,, I was told it was nothing more than a toy, that you have to be 16-18 to purchase. Parents or thier children purchase these and have not got the first clue of what gun safety is. They don't have the first clue of what responsable gun safety is. One would think with everybody yelling tougher laws "trying to reinvnet the wheel" as what they are wanting are already laws/regulations. Blaming network television, to video games. Which doesnt help the whole guntrol issue. They would pull these soft air/BB guns off the market. They need to hold parents accountable for juveniles, and before any Soft air/BB-Pellet gun be purchased, the parent or child need to show proof of Hunters safety course, or a gun safety class.

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I agree these Air soft are not promoting gun safety. I used to play paintball as a younger adult but I was a young adult not a pre-teen or teen. Either way any time you point anything at anyone is not safe practice.

Jerry Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.