1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

social security

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by skeet_man, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"social security is welfare for the old people". Wrong. Social security was paid into, involuntarily, by those "old people", who are now collecting on their investment. SS is not an entitlement or welfare, it is an involuntary deduction TAKEN from your paycheck, which you hope to one day collect on. If you die before you collect, the gov't keeps your investment.

EDIT: Original poster turned tail, deleted his original post, and ran away (as I suspected he would).

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

You don't get it! Sit back and be ready to get it on here.

3. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

You think SS is welfare.....what a slap in the face to the people that have built our country. You should really take a long look at what people have done and fought for so that you have a 40 hour work week, OSHA safety standards in the work place, medical and dental insurance, vacations, and holiday pay. These things weren't always so and to make a disrepectful comment like this is just.......wrong and levels that go along with raping old women and being a child molester. What's the matter with you? Why don't you just go over to your grandpa and tell him he's a piece of crap. Watch and see if he doesn't knock you on your ass for even thinking of saying that to him. It's not the seniors fault our country is in the situation we are in so why take what they have worked for to pay for these idiots today that want to give 10 billion a year in aid to countries that out right say they hate us and want to distroy us. This country was build by millions of immigrants that came here with nothing and with hard work and fortitude made our nation grade. Have some respect and most of all get a clue of what's really going on. BTW....don't vote. Your a retard. If I had a pup with your kinda senses, we'd go to the woods and you wouldn't go back into the truck. Wouldn't want you to put anything back into the gene pool.

Bryan--West Virginia

4. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

As we would say in the SOUTH, May god bless him, cause with your point of view YOU have disgraced the very people that have bought your freedom with their sweat and blood.. I'm sure you have dranked the kool aid and ate the cookies, May GOD be with you...
    You are to dumb to understand or learn...

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Nice cast ryan27! You caught half a stringer full with one retrieve.

6. lance howard

lance howard Member

ryan27,

You worthless piece of crap!!! Dam you you bastard. I have been self employed for over 40 years and some jerkoff like you can post some crap like this. I AM FORCED to pay into this system and HOW DARE YOU tell me I am an old guy that is part of the problem. I have paid far more into it than I will ever get back and dam you I will take every penny I can. I am so sick and tired of worthless comments like this that I have a hard time trying to pretend that this site has a dam thing to do with the sport that I love. I almost never respond to the every day drivle that persists on this site. If you had an IQ over 50 I would be surprised. I am not a nice guy and I would Love to meet you in person you jerk. Lance Howard 707-525-9634

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

Ryan27

You are surely entitled to your opinion. If you had any balls you would sign your real name. Many of us would love to meet you and discuss your views in person.

But you are a troll at best and a coward (and an ignorant one at that) at worst.

Don Verna

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow. I can't believe so many idiots bought this troll's cast.

Don't feed the animals people. It's just some dumbass, no-capital-letters union guy stirring crap. Like happens every election here.

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

What social security is is broke. Anything else you say is just blowin' hot air.

10. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

wireguy,

Why do you think that SS is broke?

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Since I was self employed- I paid into both sides of SS. In all reality-there should be a means test for receiving it. If you don't need it there should be a way of giving it back to the SS pool. or I would have @ least received what I put into it, either way the system would help those who depend on it.

Phil Berkowitz

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"If you don't need it, there should be a way of giving it back to the SS pool"??

If I paid into it for 40 years, I damn well expect to get something back regardless of my financial position.

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Nice catch! some people continue to stick their nose where it doesnt belong often multiple times a day! LOL Jeff

14. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

ryan27, are you serious or are you just wanting to stur things up. With that line of thinking then all retirement funds, like 401's and union and teacher retirements should be put toward the deficit.

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

BROWNST100, you are absolutely right. Our monies were placed into the general fund. It was a Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson that did it. Mike.

16. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

The other day I read that SS payed out more than it took in. This isn't good and like the man said all SS money was placed in the general fund, and used for other expenditures.

17. 548

548 Guest

Barrelbulge, why in the world didn't Nixon, Ford, Reagan, or either of the Bush's fix that gross injustice?

18. 548

548 Guest

Rick, I am so confused now; I don't know who to believe.

Barrelbulge said - "It was a Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson that did it."

Now Rick says - "Remember, it is the House and Senate that pass laws, not the President."

All the party line cheer leading on this site is laughable. Both parties are full of crooks and both parties do bad things with selfish intentions.

19. 548

548 Guest

BROWNST100, What the hell are you talking about? I've made no statements intending to support any view that would require factual support. Just observations from other posts in this thread.

20. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I use to worry about SS going broke just about the time I am eligible to draw on it. But look around - it doesn't matter if an outfit goes broke. The government will just 'bail it out' like so many other lost causes and it will do that with funny money printed just for the occaision or ever funnier money borrowed from China.

Last thing they will want is a bunch of cranky old folks with no roof over their heads.

Now as for the OP - might be your just having fun but you have infuriated a lot of us that have worked their entire lives and have paid into SS. If we manage to collect on that it is certainly not an entitlement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.