1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOCAL Marines Shotgun Divorce

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by lbshootin, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Here is a quick link to a local news station's report of the San Diego Shotgun Sports facility by the US Marines. Not sure how to make it into a hyperlink tho'...LarryB

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/station/as-seen-on/The_Marines__Shotgun_Divorce_San_Diego-106662688.html

2. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

Politics is a blood sport, not for novices or people who don't speak politics as their first language and this situation was, from the get go, a political football. A sober post mortem would conclude that, inadvertently, the SDSS folks went to the wrong Congressman and, probably without ever knowing it, got in the middle of a pissing contest betw the more senior C-man, Hunter and the USMC. In doing so, they never were going to get the Marines off the dime because, respectfully, C-man Hunter didn't have the horsepower to do it and the guy who could do it was probably PO'd that he didn't get asked. Easy to step in crap with the best of intentions, which I guess is one reason why the world is full of high paid lobbyist types.

I hope this doesn't insult the good folks at SDSS,(which is not my intent), but you all were deep in the woods on this one from the get go.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

That is what the City of Chicago was whinning about when they shut down the club that shot over Lake Michigan. Before it was all over, salvage companies were fighting over the rights to mine the lead. If it were not for dirty politicians stealing under the table, The City would have made a profit having the lead mined and the club would still be open.

4. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Who is the correct representative to contact, if not Hunter?

Thanks in advance,

David

5. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

Find the answer by doing a bit of thinking. Congressional power and influence is based on seniority, and what party you belong to. California has the largest delegation of any state. So, go down the list and see if anyone pops out at you. It won't be the guy first elected in 2008, even if he is a Marine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.