1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SO3-SO4 stock interchange

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 6878mm, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Does anybody know whether a Beretta SO3 and a SO4 stock is interchangable??
    OR___ if not --- how much effort is req. to swap

Cheers

2. sovrapposto

sovrapposto TS Member

Not too likely that the stocks will interchange. It all depends on which type of side locks are on the guns. The stocks on my 2 SO4s will not interchange as the side locks are different and as a result the stocks are inletted differently to accomodate the 2 different types of locks. You could get lucky and have the same locks on both guns and therefore it might work. You have 3/4 pin and 4/5 pin styles and then there is a difference in the position of the screws that attach the sidelock plates to the receiver. You could probably tell if you had both guns side by side. Jerry V.

3. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Much obliged Jerry

4. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Again, Thanks MX8

5. Sovrapposti

Sovrapposti TS Member

No, they don't interchange. Most S3 has 4pin/5pin sidelocks with intercepter. Some are Holland locks.
    SO4 has different 4/5 pins from S3, and later became 3/4 pins.

Even you have couple SO stocks for the same model, most of them won't even go on the receiver, not to mention to fit the sidelocks.

6. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Pretty definitive answers, `spose I had better take notice of them

7. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Steve, you have PM

8. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Sovrapposti - Italian for superposed.

Larry Friedman offered me a left handed SO-4 years ago at a close out price. Huge discount. Instead, I bought a DT-10. Penny wise and pound foolish. Do you ever regret the ones that got away.

9. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

What is a singular superposed, a "sovrapposto", is that an unsingle? (smile).

I assume that Sovrapposti means more than one shotgun, not more than one barrel.

Is that Jeff Davis looking for an SO-4 stock?

10. 6878mm

6878mm Member

No, Peter

11. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Ok, hi Peter, Jeff is a friend who had a shipping accident with his Beretta. You are lucky to own an SO-4. I've always wanted one ever since General Schwartzkoph (remember him?) used to attend skeet shoots with his. An ASE would be a reasonable second choice, I think. If I'm ever in the position to grab an LH ASE, I'm gonna do it. I've owned three LH DT-10's and was not able to maintain a long term relationship with any of them. Too bad. The DT-10 handles like a Ferrarri, and probably breaks down just as often.

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Reading all this about SO4 stocks makes me a bit leary to state & ask the following: I may have need for a left handed stock for a SO4. I saw several references to these in the discussion. Any help about this issue would be much appreciated.
    Tom 406 821-3215

13. 6878mm

6878mm Member

SO$ stock still wanted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.