1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

so who won the car in ohio?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

topic speaks for itself.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The final shoot off was between a young man (I've heard 15 year old) named Trent Sakowski (Spelling?) from NW Ohio, and an older fellow who's name I never heard.
    The older dude won. I think they went 6 rounds.

3. monroesc

monroesc Member

Steve Reed

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It is a cool Cobalt too. Lot's of good stuff on it. First rate attraction along with the clays cart.

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Well, was Mr. Reed one of those under handicapped 27 yd. Professionals so many predicted would win it?

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

J -

Everyone at Ohio had the same chance to get into the shoot-off for the car. It was a raffle, buy a $10 chance and your name goes into the bucket and they drew names (55 shooters as I recall, 5 per event). Those 55 got to shoot-off for the car. Had nothing to do with ability unless you were one of the raffle winners.

Scott

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

27 yard shooters probably win more often because they shoot more often. Ya recon?

If you're going to malign someone check some of your 21 yard sandbaggers. A 20 year career at the 21.......things that make you go HHHMMMMMM?

8. monroesc

monroesc Member

In the two special shootoffs that I was in charge of (Blaser and the Chevy) the long yardage shooters were the most abundant and the first yardage group eliminated. The Blaser was won by a 20 yard Junior by the name of Malachi Bluhm and the Chevy by either 19 or 20 yard Steve Reed. The Blaser took about 10 rounds of 1/post and the Chevy only went 5 rounds. Instead of calling them baggers maybe we should look at mandatory reductions.

Sara Dean
    NE OH Zone Director.

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Daddiooo, I have been a staunch supporter of the idea that the average long yd shooter is at a disadvantage. I in no way tried to malign either. I had heard how Leo or Harlan was a shoe in to win the car, no doubt by some of those you mention. I just wanted to see if it was a 27 yarder as all the doom and gloom corner had predicted. Yes I think some of the short yard shooters have an advantage. Of course so do some of the big boys, but they don't always prevail.

10. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Many long yardage shooters are at a disadvantage because they don't take reductions and that's their choice. But, it is also the reason so many long yardage shooters have such a poor average. They must have been pretty good shots to get to the fence but they are now over-handicapped and for whatever reason they don'[t follow the procedures as written and take advantage of the reductions. I bet if there were more prizes like the ones given away at Marengo and the upcoming Grand that many of them wouold start to take their reductions. JRM

11. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

J -

It's important to note that it's possible that Leo or Harlan never even had a chance at winning the car. As I indicated earlier, there was a raffle held to determine who would shoot for the car. It had nothing to do with your score in any of the events. The only time skill came into play was once the 55 shooters who qualified for the shoot-off went to the line.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.