1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So where was Winchester's bailout?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh that's right, they're an evil gun company.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

And Ljutic's???

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Get flippen real. No comparison.

Don

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Exactly.

Good post Don.

Jay

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

Not an essential company.

If every major American producer of arms and/or ammunition were to go belly up, the comparison would be closer. That would impact our ability to wage war/defend ourselves.

Don

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The big three need to reorganize or they are toast. They have infrastructure for 90% of US cars sales and are doing about half of that. The unions won't budge and the corporate heads don't know what to do about it apparently. Its going to be a fiasco if they both don't take concessions and downsize to their current market share. If we let them stick us for this 25,000,000,000 without it then we are no better than they.

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If I read correctly, one job out of ten within our country is connected to the auto industry. That's far too many people to put out of jobs. I spent many years working at a union job. There was a time when unions were a necessary evil to provide for the workers. It's time to face the music. Either work with the company or stand in the unemployment lines along with many, many others. I'm not saying give up all you have worked so hard for. Just work to make them more competative in the huge global marketplace. But first, the automaker leadership must eliminate all the golden handshakes for the upper levels and show their contribution to reducing overhead in the industry. When that happens, the rank & file will follow. Ex. the huge coperate jets they flew to Washington to beg for a govt. bailout. Pretty hard to cry poor on one side and throw it away on the other.

Big Jack

8. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

I the big three are bailed out, would the US consumer all of a sudden buy a car from one of them? I doubt it. Bailing them out does not ensure they will sell more cars.

Why didn't we bail out the oil industry when oil was $10.50 a barrel and 250,000 oilfield workers on the Gulf Coast quietly lost their jobs in the 1980s / 1990s?

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Was kidding around; Ljutic merged and was largely purchased by Irwin Industries. But wouldn't be cool if gov't. bailout money also went to sporting arms mfg.'s to stay healthy? New forged Model 12's for all...ah, just a pipe dream, probably not a good idea, but better than some other bailouts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.