1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So what is it worth???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 007, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 007

007 Member

I have a old style BT99 (1972 I think) Beaver tail forearm, 32" I.M Barrel no choke tubes Straight stock with adjustable pad. The gun has been shot very little and is in .99% condition No blueing wear at all and some very small gun rack dings in the wood that you have to look hard at to find. What is it worth in today's market? Not for sale right now but may be in the future.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

A gun that is in .99% (not even 1% condition) is below the level of even being a decent wall hanger but I will offer you $10 for the barrel so that I can make a table lamp out of it.

Now if the gun is in 99% condition somebody might be willing to pay a whole lot more than my offer of $10 which you will also have to pay the shipping on.

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

What's it worth to who??
    You? (thousands, probably) Me? ('bout $200) or someone who really wants the old warrior?

Go on GunBroker or GunsAmerica to get an idea of what they are selling for and what sellers want for them...not necessarily the same thing, either.

4. 007

007 Member

Oh Well, I guess I should have known better. This site is starting to bore me. To many A---Hole experts that dont have anything better to do. This was, at one time was a good gun and Trapshooting site, full of people that wanted to talk guns and trapshooting. Not anymore. I am out of here!

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

nspktr1: What kind of a smart ass reply was your last sentence suppose to mean? Sounded like a legit. question to me from 007.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I sold one for 600 like that

regards

Gene

7. claybustermike31

claybustermike31 TS Member

The older BT-99's make the new ones look and feel like junk. You have a great gun there and I wouldn't even consider parting with it for less than $900. It's probably worth more than that in the condition you described.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

In my area, they bring about 700 or so if not shot to death. Nothing smart alec here. Otherwise, what nspktr1 said.

The older models have different parts and tools to service them that may be hard to get. Obsolete style guns are generally no bargain when shot to the point where they will need parts and service.

9. mt

mt Member

Locally they seem to trade for around 700-900 depending on condition and accessories etc. They usually sell rather quickly as they are thought to be a standard and an excellent starter or backup gun. I think that the reason they don't sell for more money is that there are so many of them out there. My wife loves hers. hope this helps.

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

750 would be a good price. Less than that a great price. And more than850, no bargain. Anything 900 or over and the next person will not get their money back out of it when they go to resell. A new one is just over a thousand. The older ones are better made though. Not being a smart donkey but that is the market. Once it has had a shell shot out of it, it is a USED gun. Just like a new car is used once it has had a title on it or been driven off the lot.

Of course, we could make you feel better and say that it is worth 1500 bucks but what would that do? Nobody in their right mind would give that much for a bt-99.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.