1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So What Happened At The Meeting Last Night

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by white rattler, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

What is the latest ? Trevor Dawe.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It was just a pretty standard meeting. Bill Anzaldi was elected President of the ATA for the 2011 target year; Terry Roush was elected as VP from the Southern Zone. Rob Taylor, Kansas, replaces outgoing President Gary Sherrod on the EC.

A couple of motions passed; some failed, a couple couldn't get a second. As I say, much like the other 28 or so I've been to.

Neil

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What about the secret stuff??? HMB

4. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Get a cold pitcher of a drink, set back, and enjoy the thread, it's going to be an interesting day .

5. Neil Winston

It was an open meeting attended by at most twenty or thirty non-Delegates. I didn't notice any secret stuff, nor do I know how it could have been hidden from the eighty or so people in the room.

I have purposely left the door wide open for any - or all - of the high-volume posters here who attended to tell the story in their own words. If none does, and that would not surprise me, it can only mean that in spite of all the howling and lecturing, none actually would invest an hour or so to ferret out a bit of truth.

Neil

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Neil. And I thought the Moon was going to leave orbit and crash into the Earth. How silly of me. HMB

7. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I think most of us know the truth now.

Mark Rounds

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Thanks Neil. No negative stuff. What will we do all day on trapshooters.com ? LOL

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nurse shortdribble couldn't find his arse with both hands let alone make it out of Ohio. He's just another Ohio airbag!

ss

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There are things called DOORS. They are also used as a way to keep things quiet. In other words CLOSED DOORS. You are on one side and the others are behind the other side.

11. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I want to hear about the guy they caught under the table eavesdropping.

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

Does this mean that the dismissal of Mr. Rively has been accepted by the BOD as being in the best interests of the ATA and trapshooting?

Who is the new Director, or will the EC now run the day to day business?

Was anything presented to address the continued operating losses?

These are not questions for Neil. He has elected to stay quite. Surely one or to others can shed light on what was discussed and the general flow/feeling of the meeting. Neil stands ready to comment on the veracity of any "reports" posted on TS.com by the "peanut gallery" - so we know we will get the facts - right?

Don Verna

13. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Yes, let's run the ATA by ballot on TS.com. Reading these threads on "any" subject shows the futility of coming to a consensus among any large group. That is why the United States has a representative government and so does the ATA. Even there it is a difficult task. At the Grand the delegates from each zone have a meeting prior to the general meeting to discuss with their VP what they desire for the ATA. At the general meeting these desires can be brought to the floor by the various state delegates in the form of discussion or motion. If your delegate is not attending both of these meetings, fire him or her. If your desires for running the ATA or not being followed get involved at your state level and change your delegate, if that is what the majority of your state membership desires. That is how you change the organization. Huffing and puffing here will do nothing but help destroy a basically good organization. You union members here must have posted on the wall of your local union a sign denigrating the members for the cancer internal bickering can do to eat an organization alive from the inside. You want change, get involved and quit bitching. Jimmy Borum

14. Neil Winston

Auctioneer, the doors were open. Anyone, that means anyone, was welcome to walk in, sit down, and see how the Board of Directors conducts the business of the ATA.

Don, yes.

Neil

15. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

WELL SAID Jimmy Borum

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Neil

Was Frank Rively there?

Mark Rounds

17. Neil Winston

Mark, I'd rather confine myself to confirming or countering - based on my own recollection since I took no notes - what other TS.com posters took away from the meeting. I am getting concerned, I confess, that no one else here was interested enough to even go.

Neil

18. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Neil

Your response is what I expected.

Mark Rounds

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jimmy Borum - Get involved and work for changes? Are you being silly? All we want to do is shoot and fuss.

Pat Ireland

20. trapjournalist

trapjournalist TS Member

Work together for change if you want change. it doesn't happen by magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.