1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So... those in IL like this? O/T

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/11/exclusive-leaked-justice-department-memo-terrorists-to-be-moved-to-camp-gitmo-illinois/

So,,,,How do you like him now???? Well at least they are going to create some new jobs...

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

It's a commie state anyway. I think we oughta round up ALL the sociopaths and send them there.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

As a life long resident of the "commie state" my response would be that in three years I'm so out of here!

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Buzzy you mean they aren't all there now???????

Bob Lawless

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

bigdogtx:

Terrorists captured (instead of shot) on the battlefield need to be confined. Confinement involves guards. The guard jobs were already created as captured terrorists were sent to Gitmo. Those jobs were already filled by the men and women of the U.S. military. Moving the murdering terrorist b@st@rds from Gitmo as proposed, doesn't create anything other than an unnecessary security threat to a very rural part of Illinois.

Assuming this terrorist transfer debacle actually takes place, here's what will actually happen:

1. An efficient military operation will be replaced by a bloated and ever growing federal bureaucracy.

2. Big dollar administrative positions will be held by political hacks that have already been picked as political payoffs.

3. Rank and file guards will be members of AFSCME (or another government bargaining unit) who's sole purpose is livin' large by feeding at the public trough. In aggregate, they will of course, be loyal supporters of Obambi, Chicken Dick Durbin, Tombstone Burris, et. al.

These are the ONLY reasons for moving the murdering scum from Gitmo, a move that wouldn't be necessary at all had Obambi not run his big mouth.

Interestingly, the Thompson Correctional Center is itself a testiment to government effeciency. It was built with 1600 maximum security cells and 200 minimum security cells. It is currently 'home' to about 150 minimum security inmates. The max side has sat empty and unused since the facility was completed in 2001. In case I wasn't clear, it has sat basically unused and empty since the day it was completed in two thousand freakin' one!

Why you might ask was it built in the first place?? D@mned if I know.

sissy

6. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Sissy

Thompson had to have his name on one more thing,the rose garden wasn't enough.
    What do you think? :)

7. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

Has anyone noticed a common thread in all of this? All of this crap comes from one place, THE STATE OF CHICAGO. As a life long citizen of southern Illinois (south of I-80) I am tired of being lumped in with the crooks in cook county. It's a different world in the rest of the state. Their are a lot of hard working honest people here who are tired of their taxes going to keep chicago running, and not enough votes down state to stop it. Buzz gun your their all commies anyway statement is painted with a pretty wide brush. I know everyone in my community and I don't know of any commies, but I do know of alot youg men and women who are away from their families this holiday season serving all of us by their service in the military. You shouldn't type faster than you can think.

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Dave:

Thompson Correction Center was built during George Ryan's term and was completed ten years after Thompson left office. I think it is an interesting irony that a convicted felon (Ryan) named a penetentiary.

sissy

9. Wink

Wink TS Member

The Thomson Correctional Center is named for the town it is located near, Thomson Illinois, NOT Thompson.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You're going to see some changes in Illinois in the next two election cycles. Even though the Daley machine is still very powerful in Illinois the power continues to wane. As white flight continues, the western and south and north west suburbs continue to grow and the more moderate or "centrist" voters move out of the city of Chicago and Cook and Lake Counties, Daley's influence also wanes.

With all the crap the Democrats have pulled in the last couple of years I believe there is going to be a backlash against them in the suburbs. If not the Chicago influence will continue. The next two elections will tell the tail for Illinois. The Chicago Democrat machine start to run out of gas. For the sake of Illinois I hope so.

One thing I don't agree with is that Daley had anything to do with the rise of Obama. George Soros is the lynchpin and he doesn't have anything to do with Illinois politics. He is another Hitler type that wants to build a "One World Order" that depends on the breaking of North America and the United States economy.Instead of searching for ol' Osama Bin Laden out in the desert and shooting him we'd be better off if someone gave old George a dose of lead poisoning. Follow the money. Soros is dirty and he wants the US as one of his accomplishments and he has enough bribe money to get it done through the Democratic Party and other political connections in DC.

Anyway, if Illinois doesn't go red in the next two elections, I will move to Missouri. I'm looking for a spot now.

Merry Christmas all!

11. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I am glad that you guy's straighten me out because I thought that Chicago had struck again.

Dave

Barry you wouldn't really leave us, would you and miss all of this? ;-)

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You bet. My house in Illinois. Appraised at about $200,000. Property Tax=$6,100.00

My house in West county MO............."........................."......about...$2,500.00

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Kind of like California. Delete the metro area's of San Francisco and Los Angeles, and you have a very coservative state, as well as a nice place to live.

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Won't be long before we catch up with Colorado.

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Most of the facts have been let out on this issue. One thing most of us would like to know is why a prison in Illinois has sat empty for the most part for 7years? Next is why they want to close several more prisons "To save money", and there is a queston about the prison guard jobs all being political. It's been since the last one built that anyone has gotten a guards job and it's about time the ones getting them were democrats. :) Most of the past governors are all republicans. They usually go to jail when they get out of office. Two that I can think of didn't. WE have a problem with the polititions in Illinois in the state offices being very powerful in handing out there state jobs to followers. It's a hard to break cycle. Any of you guys have that cycle broken in your states?

16. SCL

SCL Member

Too true about politically appointed jobs, but I don't think all the guard jobs are as such. Had several people that I know hired for Thomson, tried to get me too. They ended up all over the state. Several are family guys from my hometown 45 miles from Thomson, and this kind of sucks. The guard jobs at Thomson will be Federal, much harder hiring criteria. Support jobs will help the area, but constitutoinally this is a travesty. I want out of here too. The fishing at Thomson is quite fair, if the Middle easterns decide to break out in a bass boat. Open season in Spring Lake LOL!

That said, I think the machine played a huge role in getting the annointed one elected. The community organizer and his politically connected wife moved through that system quite smartly. Daley may run more than you think!!!

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

This State and our politics and politicians whould be an embarressment to any one tha lives here. IT SUCKS

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well where else are they going to put them? There's a facility that can be used, so why not use it?
    I really don't see how this is a problem. Obviously there is going to be opposition wherever it goes up, but in that area especially, any jobs will be welcomed greatly.
    -Trappy

19. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

If they are going to stay confined, why the hell not just leave them at Gitmo?

JB=Jery Beach 8503917

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I for one am damn glad that the ATA picked IL for the Grand!!

Other than that....what's all the hub bub about bub?

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.