1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So much for being a US citizen to vote in.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Jun 17, 2013.

1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

America........I guess anyone can vote now.

Only in what used to be America!!

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I too reacted negatively, but then I read the ruling by the SCOTUS.

Like it or not the ruling had little to do with the AZ law, and everything to do with Federal pre-emption of state laws governing elections.

The answer is to get on the phone/internet/FAX/letter writing machines and let your representatives know we need a FEDERAL law governing this - might be a REALLY nice piece to add to any immigration bill they try to pass...

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I've felt for some time that the Federal supremacy clause would result in just this ruling.

There are ways around it. Most, if not all elections involve both federal and state/local issues. Meaning that every ballot will have all issues attached to it. By simply mandating a State voter ID on sate/local elections you can go a long way to insure proper voters. Not fool proof, but darn close.

Meanwhile hammer the congress for a voter ID to go with the mandatory Obamacare ID.......... it's not stupid, it's the extent of deviousness that these scoundrels will go to to steal what they want.

Kip

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

“Well,” answered Justice Sonia Sotomayor, “that’s what the federal system decided was enough.”

Riiiiiight!! That way they don't have to look to deep into Obo's certificate or anyone else's!!!!

If you can't produce a real "document" proving your a Citizen you shouldn't be able to vote.

But the simple will always confuse the educated!!