1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So i Checked my Wal Mart For STS and..............

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

So i checked my Wal Mart(Sparta, IL) for the cheap STS shells today and here is what i found:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They would also not match any other prices from other Wal Marts and said the $6.27 was $0.50 cheaper per/box than he buys them for. Anyone interested in the $7/box of either AA/STS he said he had all you want at that price. Just FYI

Matt

2. grntitan

Anybody who knows Gary(Sporting Goods Buyer) at Sparta's Wal Mart can understand where i'm coming from with this statement. He likes to mix the truth with some BS to embelish the story a tad. Anyway he said Remington wants to quit selling to Wal Marts period. He said if this happens the AA's will drop their price with Wal Mart and you better be ready to buy. True??? Who knows....

He is a piece of work but actually a pretty nice guy. He has told me of sales going on at various stores(other than Wal Mart) and matched the price without me ever seeing the ad. He actually considered matching the price of $6.27 as others found but said it may cost his job. I didn't want that to happen.

Rick--Your right about the price but when they add the rebate, you can't beat his price when others are selling for closer to $80/flat.

He also stated that Remington wants his price to be $85/flat except during the Grand when they lower it. He refuses saying it gouges his year around customers.

I certainly don't want an arguement over who has a better Wal Mart.

Maybe WPT can get something done about this. LOL A joke Bill.....LOL

Matt

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I went to wal mart one day to buy some AA'S.. all ours had was 20 gauge.. when i asked the lady about some 12's she told me winchester had quit making the 12 gauge AA'S.......... that was a year ago.. she is still there and they still dont have any 12 gauge AA'S//LOL///

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Matt, you didn't happen to notice if the Sparta Walmart had any Federal Top Gun for Breast Cancer (pink shells). I am going to shoot at the Sparta complex tomorrow & would swing by Walmart if they had any. I can't seem to find these shells in the St. Louis area to save my soul. Recob's has them but shipping is a killer. Colonel

5. grntitan

Actually i have been watching for those and forgot to look yesterday. They had a pretty good stash of shells on the shelves but nothing new jumped out at me. I did not however seek them out. Sorry,

Matt

6. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

Bakersfield, Ca. $7.97 a box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.