1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So how would a new assault weapons ban go?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by gdbabin, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Food for thought and rational discussion:

1. Reinstate the Clinton era ban as it was?

2. Create something similar, but more specific and stringent.

3. Include a grandfathering element for pre-ban firearms and only restrict future sales and possession.

4. New ban, no grandfathering clause, and directed surrender of firearms fitting defined assault weapon parameters.

5. Ban future sales of the firearms in the category to the public, and ban the sale of the ammo they run to effectively render firearms already in the public domain useless over time.

6. New ban on all future sales commercial and private. Render the use of assault weapons illegal for private citizens under any circumstance, but with no restriction on owning one legally purchased before the new law.

7. I'm sure there are other possibilities....

We know they're going to do something.

They might take the easy way out and simply reinstate the Clinton era ban with just a few tweaks even knowing that the ban really had no effect the first time. They could then say however that they did do something.

I suspect there will be a huge push for a much more restrictive law that places the AR15/AR10 and similar military based derivatives in a category with other weapons in the military arsenal that aren't generally available to the private sector.

I'm also wondering what do I do with the stripped lower I just bought last week. Do I spend more money on building something that may become useless and illegal? Why do I really want it in the first place? Time will tell I guess.

Guy Babin

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

More unconstitutional infringement

HM

3. Bill T

Bill T Active Member

"How would a new Assault Weapons Ban go?"

BADLY!

4. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

The problem in a nutshell is the "gun-free zone".

Why allow concealed carry, then outlaw carry in the places that carry will be needed most.

Evil killers utilize this very criteria.

There is no solution, except "SHOOT BACK", or stop it before it starts!

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

It should read "don't kill your mother and steal her guns and then use her guns to kill others" If anyone cannot follow those laws what makes you think they will follow others.

6. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

It's probably going to start like this: "Bend over and grab your ankles".

Semper

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Don't rely on "Constitutional protections". The Constitution is only a document and it can be changed. If one or two Supreme Court Justices die or retire, it wouldn't even have to be changed only "interpreted" differently.

We are at the beginning of the 2nd term of office of the most devious human being to ever hold the highest office in the greatest country in the world. His plan is to correct that anomaly and reduce America to a much lower status - that of a bankrupt beggar nation. Banning private ownership of guns along the way is a small trick for the likes of this man.

He claims that he can dictate the new tax code because he was elected. He believes that he was elected king or emperor. As such he can (and will) do anything he wants to and there is no way to stop him. THAT is our future!

8. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

Based on what I have seen the past two days where I live, about everyone in town will have at least one AR15 for Christmas. They were selling at $799 and saw only three people buy just one-the rest were two or three and one guy bought five. All parts kits and magazines were all gone!

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Arrested on the spot for having a military style assault weapon with a high capacity magazine. Must turn in all such weapons to be destroyed.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They won't have enough jails, or boots on the ground.

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Just prior to the election it was discussed what a re-election of Obama would look like; the reinstatement of the Assault Weapons Law. It was written by a few that Romney had signed such a ban inferring that Obama was better with the gun issues. Here comes a tragedy and Obama's calling for an Assault Weapons Act and thus more gun control. This president will go after all gun owners as though they are criminals ignoring our constitutional rights. He fails to mention about mental illness, violence within our culture, and any other contributing factors. I believe we will have to fight for our rights as I will not rollover and take it up the a$$. I fail to understand how tramping on my constitutional rights will help those victims of a madman. BT100dc

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Look for a push to ban "ALL" semi autos with pistol grips,flash suppressors, vented barrels, and that except a detachable magazine clip(even hunting rifles). The new list will include M-1 carbines, SKS rifles, mini 14 etc. Also get ready for mags to be limited to a certain number of rounds, and for limits on the amount of ammo allowed to be bought or stored!!! The new list will be VERY LONG!!!

13. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

was having an argument over this the other day with an anti gun person so i took them to the range, i have an ar-15 and a normal semi-auto matic hunting rifle. i put in a 5 round clip for both guns and kept another loaded clip by close . i first shot the AR, droped that clip and put in another and emptied that clip, i did the same for the hunting rifle and there was really no difference in time it took to empty both clips. after this test she finally realized the point i was making and now has no bad oppions For ARs.

14. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Y'all have been rolled.

15. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

This is what happens when the state takes your guns.

Wayne

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DcB_O4C40q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Nutso

Nutso Member

Anyone proposing a bans, legislation or laws before the release of all the facts surronding the investigation is using this tragedy to push their social agenda, that includes the pro-life crowd, as well as the religious right.

WHICH IS PATHETIC.

Do you have no shame, using the tragic murder of children to further your social agenda is the lowest form of politics.

17. spritc

spritc Active Member

It's almost time for a revolution! Think about this 100,000,000 gun owners, own 350,000,000 guns. Now, who wins? Contact your Senators and Congressmen, let them know how you and your 100,000,000 compadres feel. We just need to stand up and be counted. Do it today or there will have to be a revolution. These commies want all of your guns!

18. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

If it takes another revolution to wake up washington then I guess thats what will happen.

19. otnot

otnot Active Member

So will you give up your guns? I won't!

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Sadly, it would be easy to disarm Americans just as it was the Australians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.