1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So Cal gunsmith

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Fellow TS.com-er Matt Friesen has quietly been doing gunsmithing alterations and repairs for several years in his Victorville shop. I recently gave him a used Gracoil to fit to the well used buttstock of my Browning Ultra Sporter which gets used for sporting and hunting. As you can see he did a great job of matching and maintaining contours. There isn't anything I wouldn't trust Matt with because he is a detail guy who won't accept slob work. I think it's time Matt was revealed to the world because southern California just isn't gunsmith rich like some areas of the country. I don't know what all Matt is capable of but you can contact him at the email above

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view¤t=temporary092Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view¤t=temporary090Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

While on temporary assignment in Victorville, I had the pleasure to meet and shoot with Matt. He is a great young guy and willing to help in any way possible. I am sure any work Matt does for you will meet your expectations.

JON

3. flipchop

flipchop Member

I'm a hugh Friesen fan and glad to see others giving props to this legit individual. Matt has worked on my busted 3200 and Ljutic stock. He's only made my guns better and he'll only take on work he knows he can handle, but what he knows is amazing.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Matt's long time experiences in machining and custom weld applications with various kinds of metals used in racing parts is a natural for the gunsmithing trade. Matt is doing some experimental work for me also for add on parts that will help other shooters! Two thumbs up for Matt, besides, he's a trap shooter himself!! A man with a full plate of dedication toward helping others and running a gunclub too!

Gene Hapney (Vail,AZ)

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Matt and his wife are wonderful and supportive individuals. I wish I happened to see them more often at shoots since they are busy in the high desert of California. Matt has great enthuiasm for working on guns and does really nice work. And his wife is a very focused shooter; she sure trounced me the one time we shot at the same venue.

6. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Golly-gee-wiz fellas...

It's obvious that the payoffs worked!

This is something that I enjoy immensely, additionally it's very clean work. Something that I relax and appreciate.

I'm not a gunsmith... The title of "Gunsmith" in my opinion is abused.

The elusive gunsmithing topic deserves it's own thread.. I'll start one soon.

Thank you guys, you generally do NOT find me without words. You have now...

Hospitality is overwhelming...

Matt Friesen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.