1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So. Ca. Game or Pot Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wrzone, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrzone

wrzone Member

We need shooters on most Thursday evenings starting at about 4:00PM at Prado Shooting Range in Chino.

We have a lot of fun hope to see you on Thursday afternoon.

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

What type of events do you have? Cost? Thanks, Bob

3. RayReys

RayReys Member

I've always wondered how I could participate whenever I was able to hit Prado on the weeknights - would see you guys doing Annies off the fence...was cool to watch

4. wrzone

wrzone Member

The first shoot is $15.00 to pay for targets and first pot. Then rest of the shoots are $3.00 with 100% payback generally split by 2 or 3 shooters.

We shoot Annies form different places on the field. Come out and give it a try and you will get hooked like I did.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

That is a great shoot. Back when gas wasn't so expensive and 3 or 4 of us would ride up together I attended often.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We have never shot ANNIES like this in Ohio, great game guys keep it up, should draw a lot of shooters once they see how it is done, fantastic job
    I wish I could attend one of those shoots.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. wrzone

wrzone Member

Wireguy, We miss you at the Anza Shoot.

8. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

We have a Parking lot shoot up at Lemon Grove RGC as one of our games we shoot on Friday Noghts, it is approx. 68 yards back and 20 feet elevated from the house. We shoot it as a two man buddy, 10 targrts each. My partner (Who actually hit all 5) and I won it two weeks ago (thanks JR) 5 of 10 targets broke next best was 3 of 10. I started pot shooting about 9 months ago, and would not miss it for anything! If you want to find a great group of guys to shoot with, go to a Pot Shoot! Cory

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I miss Anza too wrzone but I am currently living in Medford Oregon taking care of my parents. I'm about 4 miles from Medford Gun Club.

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I used to love the pot shoots. I shot them before I started ATA shooting. Lots of good memories. I shot at Prado, Yorba linda, Laguna Hills, Redlands, Apple Valley, and many others. Lots of fun and it paid very well. Jerry Pitts bought my custom Winchester Model 12 from me a couple of years ago, hope he is shooting it well
    Lots of fun and good people. I have a lot of fond memories from pot shooting.

Tom Strunk

11. Dr.Longshot

wrzone start a long bird, shooter shoots any shell he wants, it should be at least a 70 yard target, entry is one buddy token approx $3.00 shoot it from one spot with some angle to it.

If not broken carries over to next week, pay out 50% and that way it has some on the next shoot if it is broken, constamtly paying 50% when broken, ties divide the 50%.

This breaks up monotony and gives some ego to the target breaker.

Some guys use shells up to 1 1/2 ozs #4s, but I use 1 1/8th oz #6s w 33.5 grs Longshot @10,000psi 1530 fps, speed kills. + more shot in 6s

A lot of guys use Federal Premium W/Copper shot 1 1/2 ozs they are about $25
    a box now.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Dr.Longshot

Another thing we shoot this around 9:00pm and we put tickes and name on a clipboard that way you know how many paid entry, a lot of times we have more than 35 shooters on the list at $3.00 thats $105.00 less targets, thats $.25 x 35 targets is $8.75. $105.00 minus $8.75= $96.25

Some clubs have a very long voice call cord and others use a hand pulled target

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. wrzone

wrzone Member

Gary, Thanks for your thoughts unfortunately on Thursday nights we are limited to our distance from the Trap to about 50 yards or so.

I belong to another Club that I will try to get the shooters to try this game sounds like it will be fun.

I assume you are talking about shooting from about 70 yards from Trap with the Trap cranked up which would make it a 100 yard plus target.

14. Dr.Longshot

No same speed of target, just farther away, could you shoot from 3 to 4 traps away from the trap where the targets come from.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. wrzone

wrzone Member

We always have the Trap cranked up to throw the targets as far and high as possible most of the time 5 shots at target.

We are restricted as to where we can shoot this is a Public Range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.