1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

So are these Fords Junk or not?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chris, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Please tell me if these are junk and a Chevy or a Dodge would be better!

Thank you in advance for your information!

Chris

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You've got the best 1/2 ton money can buy!

3. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Hey Calvin, I had one and got a Nissan Titan and it beats the Ford. I always was a Ford man until I got the Titan. Awsome Truck,
    Dan

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I had a NISSAN truck and it SUCKED. Traded it in for a Harley.........JUST KIDDING :O)

5. CalvinMD

what year Ford?,..I really thought the last Nissan I pulled out of the mud was a very nice truck

6. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

A couple of months ago Pop. Mechanics had another of their "Truck Shootouts" The results were pretty scary for the "Big 3" They were ranked as follows 1. Nissan Titan, 2. Toyota Tundra, 3. Chevy Silverado, 4. Ford F-150, 5 Dodge Ram.

The Toyota would have won the tests hands down but there were a few things that the Titan had that Toyota did not. One interesting thing I thought that I woudl mention is, that the Toyota, with a 1000 punds of ballast, was faster 0-60 than the Ford and Dodge were empty. That tells you something of the I-Force V-8 that they have as a power plant. God help the big 3 if Toyota ever comes out with a 3/4 or a 1 ton diesal.

Jason

7. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Yes, all Fords are junk. Fix Or Repair Daily.

8. CalvinMD

how fast a truck moves a load means nothing....how long it lives moving a load all its life does...my uncle has a Tundra that he just traded for an F-150..It kept busting those pukey little rear diffs just towing his lawn business trailer..at which time it did not go very fast at all...my last F150 went 336k miles with its 300-6cyl..it never towed fast but did it far longer than those Tokyo Tincans...BTW..the current owner of my old truck has crossed the 400k mark...everything original and not one major repair

9. raptor1956

raptor1956 TS Member

almost unemployed has it wrong it is First On Race Day IMHO it is the best money can buy I have an 05 FX4 with all the bells and whistles it gets 18mpg and rides like a luxury car I have had zero problems with it. This is my 5th
    F-150 I always get 6 year 100,000 mile warranties and trade them around 90,000 miles I have never used any of the warranties yet I just like insurance.

10. CalvinMD

Even though I bought a Super Duty I drove an F150 for 2 weeks trying it out..drove and compared to all the others...absolutely the smoothest and quietest truck I've ever driven,..the Chevy a close second..the Toyota while peppy sucked gas like a sailor even empty..the Nissan also peppy also drank like a sailor and on both of them when loaded to max (pulling a 27ft RV) the brakes were attrocious after a couple of long hill stops...not a confidence builder

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Never had a full size Ford PU but had the small one and it was nothing but trouble. Same thing w/ the Explorer(suv) I had. Went back to Chevy and been happy ever since.

12. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

I have a 94 F-150 4x4 with a 183000 with no major problems, that is hard to beat

13. sxs28ga

sxs28ga TS Member

HMMMMMMMmmmmm I dont Gm, Ford, or Chrys Building any new automotive plants in the U.S. - I do believe Toyota,and Honda are busy building,creating jobs - I wonder why??
    J Mroczka

14. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Stevea

Two of my last three Ford pickups were buit in Canada at Windsor Assembly and only one in the USA at Twin Cities Assembly. Where were yours built?

Bob

15. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Go look them up on the Crash Institute in VA. They did crash tests on the 150 and found them to be POOR rating. The 250 did better for protecting the driver and got a good rating. All trucks today that are made are nothing but trucks for people who think for what ever reason that they are cool. No one makes a true WORK TRUCK one that is nothing but a tough nothing fancy truck. I have a truck and I work my truck. I don't shine it, I don't baby it. I work it.

16. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I have a ford that I have had for 16+ years. It has 465,000 miles on it and I would drive it to California tomorrow if I had a reason to go...

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

They are like a Stoeger for the price of a Spartan.

18. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I like the ford trucks... but just couldn't afford one at the time I got this.

Maybe next time around Ford may deal with their pension family members.

Jerbear

19. Chris

Chris TS Member

Jerbear!

Nice looking truck!

When I priced mine the Dodge was the highest priced of the three, Ford, GM and Dodge.

Thanks for the imput! I wanted to see who would BITE! Keep them coming!

Chris

20. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

The Ford pick-ups have been the best in sales for 30 years straight.They are not the cheapest, so just might be that they are a well built, and hold their value type truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.