1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SO-4 "Puccinelli Design"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

SO-4

Can anyone out there in TrapLand give me more details on a Beretta SO-4 "Puccinelli Design"? It is a case colored SO-4 with 18.6 bores,choke tubes,upgraded sidelocks & fancy wood. Especially interested in when & how many were made & the $$$$ value of such. Thanks. Tom

2. shark1

shark1 Member

SO-4

There are two letters on the bottom of the barrel or in the action for the date of manufacture. E-mail me mike_sharkey@yahoo.com
    mike Sharkey,DC

3. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

SO-4

Len Puccinelli was a shooter in the San Francisco Bay Area. He shot Trap and Pigeons if I recall correctly. He imported guns in the 70's and 80's and had to stamp them with his company name (as the importer). Just like the first Perazzi's were stamped Ithaca.

Gene

4. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

SO-4

I googled "Len Puccinelli" and was reminded that his full name is Leonard.

Gene

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

SO-4

Mike,I will send the letters to your yahoo address. Gene,The words "Puccinelli Design" are actually inlayed in gold on the side of the bbl Just forward of the the rear bbl face.
    Tom

6. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

SO-4

Len was an Importer for Beretta SO guns as well as others. He also Brought in the first Fabbri to the United States, and sold it to Bob Cherry who had a resturant in Minturn Colorado. Len was an excellent shot, and a fun guy to have a drink with. He had a terminal illness, and decided to take his life instead of dealing with what faced him. Some of the Beretta cases will say Puccinelli in them; there isn't any added value because it says Puccenelli.

7. front242

front242 Member

SO-4

I wonder if it's the same guy who started "Pucci" fishing tackle imports/wholesale up in San Francisco? I bet there is some relation.

F242

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta so 4 trap

puchinelli beretta