1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Snowblower: Follow Up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks to those in snow country who advised me about generators and snowblowers. Update: Spent last week at cabin in Placerville, Calif. area, a bit higher. Lots of snow for a couple of days. The generator worked fine; was needed for three hours. (5000 watt Subaru powered Coleman. PG&E showed me how to hook up to the transfer box on the home safely and I had made up a proper cord at home...)

New Ariens 22 inch 2-stage: Worked great for three passes on 15 inch snow pack on driveway, 20 foot each pass. Then no more snowblowing. Tore the machine down: Someone on the assembly line didn't tighten the guide finger for the belt; the finger fell on and destroyed the one belt and was working on the next. Ariens was quite supportive on the phone and will send me needed parts. Thank goodness we were able to semi-clear the driveway which allowed us access to shovel and get out before a much bigger storm hit. My take on the Ariens: seems nicely made, well thought out, worked well when it worked, must have been assembled on a Friday or Monday. Starts nicely, etc. But....no excuse not to have tightened something that had potential to stop all progress...could have been really frustrating if I'd have had to pop for another fifty bucks to get driveway cleared by local service...I'll keep an open mind and put the machine back together when the parts arrive.

The situation did surprise me given Ariens' reputation which is positive. I forgive Ariens thus far; after all, even Betty Crocker burns a cake now and then.

David

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I am glad that your glad,B.C. dose not burn the cakes you do after not following directions.How much time are you going too have on the machine total? I not so sure I would feel the same? Thanks for all the feedback from the feedback on here.

3. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Chango2,

Not sure if the assembly of that blower wasnt done at the dealer you purchased it at????.I saw adds where you had to pay extra to have it put togeather before you recieved it ????????.Im not sure how much is apart when it was bought new ,maybe that part was done at the factory.(the parts that were loose)

Sandy Holehouse.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I asked Ariens about the area where the loose parts were; Ariens said it was their responsibility. I breathed a big "phew"...but I do blame myself in part for not checking things over and (blue) locktite-ing a thing or two before using the machine...

5. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Chango2,
    Hey man ,know the feeling.Sometimes it pays to double ck stuff when you purchace it!!!!!.Blue Loc-tight is the way to go !!!.Good luck with it .Oh ,no more this year I hope . LOL .

Sandy Holehouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.