1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Snow In SO. CALIFORNIA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fssberson, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

It started snowing in Santa Clarita around 1:00 PM and didn't stop until 2:00 AM. About 6" of snow in downtown Newhall. My back yard was completely white and 8" deep. Drove on the Old Road by Oak Tree Gun club and they were running snow plows. Many of the cars could not get up or down the one lane road due to ice. Traffic on the 5 Fwy. in Santa Clarita was jammed up due to accidents and snow. All traffic stopped at Castaic north and and at the base of the Grapevine south. Hotel occupancy went from 10% to 90% in a few hours. My daughter who works at a Marriott property front desk worked a double shift because other workers could not get in. The most snow since the late 80's when I skied down our street for about a mile to the main road. Made a second run when a neighbor towed me back up to the house. Fred

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

We measured 6" on our back deck this morning in California City. I've lived here for 21 years and I've never seen this much snow in the Antelope Valley.

3. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

We're having our usual global warming here in Colorado too--- was 15 below zero a few nights ago. Now it's just snowing! Phil S.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Rastoff...I can only imagine how beautiful the Paiute Mtns., Redrock Canyon, Jawbone, Kelso Valley etc. to the west of you are right now..

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Here's the scene out of my front yard from yesterday:
    DesertSnow.jpg

The Tehachapi mountains in the distance are occluded by the low clouds, but you are right, it's a beautiful scene.

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Where is Al Gore now?

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Al Gore lives next to Dennis Miller in La Jolla.

We had snow on the mountains behind the valley here in Ojai this weekend.It's pretty much all gone now, but our Ojai Valley Gun Club range isn Rose Valley which is 3400 ASL had a pretty good blanket according to the caretaker.

Highway 33 was Closed so nobody could get there and she was stuck there.

I just love inclement weather. Brings out all of my survival instincts.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.